• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex didn't deliver package properly and contents are missing ..........
4 4

65 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, pemart1966 said:

This is why I NEVER have FEDEX deliver to my home - it's always "Call For Pickup" where I go to the distribution centre and pick it up.  

How do you do that?

On 3/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, Corallas said:

Yes this seems rather serious . I wonder if it is a Fedex policy to leave the item sometimes and just say it was signed for ,  but it seems so egregious when they are specifically paid to provide the service of getting a signature.

I can't imagine it's policy, but FedEx's carriers are notorious for doing this.  Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to apply some heavy pressure to them to be made whole, because I would bet they'll fall back on the "it was signed for" excuse for as long as they can.

I also saw in another post of yours that your apartment complex may have surveillance footage of the incident, so that would be one more reason to get the police involved (both theft and forgery appear to have occurred).

On 3/18/2023 at 2:34 PM, Gaard said:

How do you do that?

It's been a while but I believe that it may even have to be written by hand on the waybill by the shipper.  Call FedEx and ask them how to proceed and then make sure, and double check, that your shipper follows those instructions to the letter.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, Corallas said:

It seems pretty clear that Fedex did not fulfill their duties

That's par for the course with Fed Ex. I have basically stopped buying anything expensive from CLink because they refuse to use any other shipper. Heritage and CConnect, on the other hand, both allowed me to select USPS as the shipper even though both of them have Fed Ex as the default shipper.

On 3/18/2023 at 2:13 PM, thehumantorch said:

Absolutely.  And keep asking to talk to the supervisor of the guy you're talking to.  Try to talk to someone who can make decisions rather than someone who is reading from a --script.

The -script is the worst......

On 3/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, Corallas said:

I was supposed to receive an order from CGC with an insured Value of $800.

The box was found open , outside my building without the contents inside . (Graded comic books from CGC ) 

When I go to the Fedex website it says I signed for the package which I definitely did not . 

When I spoke with a local Fedex rep they started an investigation which I believe included talking to the driver.

I was then told the driver had someone in the office of my apartment complex sign for the package .

The office staff says this is not the case as they are not even there on Saturday .

Regardless I did not sign for the package in person and the package contents are  missing .

I tried to call the national Fedex number but they only determined by what I believe is an automated response that 

the package was delivered .

I again called a local Fedex office and was told to file a claim or contact the person who shipped it to have them file a claim . 

Any ideas as to how to proceed? 
I have put in one of the written requests explaining the situation to CGC yesterday but so far have not received a response .

It seems pretty clear that Fedex did not fulfill their duties and even said they did and then gave a different story and the second story 

does not appear to be true either . 

Thank You 

You should also:

1. Post here a list of the books and their CGC numbers so that the Board can be on the lookout for them.

2.  If necessary, contact the major auction houses with the same information.  That might be dependent upon what books are involved.

3.  Visit all of the LCSs near you and provide them with same.

On 3/18/2023 at 2:59 PM, mattn792 said:

I can't imagine it's policy, but FedEx's carriers are notorious for doing this.  Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to apply some heavy pressure to them to be made whole, because I would bet they'll fall back on the "it was signed for" excuse for as long as they can.

I also saw in another post of yours that your apartment complex may have surveillance footage of the incident, so that would be one more reason to get the police involved (both theft and forgery appear to have occurred).

Yes will probably file a police report . A lot of people in my apartment complex have had packages stolen recently . The police have more power I believe in getting the 

apartment complex to turn over footage . Unfortunately a lot of the theft has been attributed to people coming in the building visiting and identifying a specific person 

may be low probability , but video could prove that I did not sign for the package or at least give a better idea of what happened .

FedEx lies.

My last CGC package was out for delivery and never showed up. I looked at the website again and it said be delivered the next day. On that next day it said out for delivery but never arrived. I checked the website and it said I was not home to sign and it would be attempted the next day. Not true and all, I was waiting for the truck, my window overlooks the street and they never came. i called them, here is more of their lies...They told me that was an error, delivery was not attempted and the package was not out for delivery. It was a coding error.

They have GPS and know where the driver was at the exact time the package was signed for. They need to provide you proof of that imaginary signature. I doubt they can do that.

Edited by nochips

On 3/18/2023 at 5:11 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

That's par for the course with Fed Ex. I have basically stopped buying anything expensive from CLink because they refuse to use any other shipper. Heritage and CConnect, on the other hand, both allowed me to select USPS as the shipper even though both of them have Fed Ex as the default shipper.

I have nothing good to say about Heritage EXCEPT yes they allowed me to change my default shipper USPS , from Fedex who are mostly incapable totally unable to actually deliver a package to the correct location if at all.

Want to know why large Multi-national entities and their many, many subsidiaries deal only with FEDEX here is a piece of that puzzle:  https://fintel.io/so/us/fdx

USPS ain't perfect, and there is room for massive improvement, but their success rate % is easily the best in the USA, not to mention they actually are bound by Federal laws and regulations that FEDEX and UPS are not.  BTW most FEDEX drivers are contractors, many are "sketchy"

Sadly the only way around this nasty state of affairs with CGC using Fedex is to rent a PO Box. Yet another reason my submission days are over.

IMHO if you depend on deliveries from CGC as part of your income stream then get a PO BOX.

Edited by MAR1979

I had one really strange experience with fed ex and if given the option I wouldn't choose it. Bear with me it's a bit of a long story. I live in a rural area, in what some people would call the middle of nowhere. I won a book on line from somewhere and got sent the fed ex tracking info. On the day the book was supposed to arrive I stayed home and nothing came.....until around 7-8 PM at night. The the driveway alarm goes off and here comes the fed ex guy driving up, he gets out tries to hand me a huge package and say here you go, I tell him no this isn't me and the address is about 6 miles away. He looks confused and says "I wonder why the computer sent me here then?" That was the 1st real red flag that this was gonna be odd. I explained that I have a package that was supposed to be delivered today and he looks surprised and starts looking in the truck and keeps asking me my name and address before he finally finds it, hands it to me and drives off. At this point I was thankful and thought this was over......nope. About 15-20 min's later the driveway alarm goes off again and here comes a fed ex truck, same guy gets out looks at me and says "I think I might have delivered here before..." I then had to explain to him that he actually did just a little bit ago, I got another confused look and another "I wonder why the computer sent me here then?" Then off he drives and I thought it was over......nope. About an hour later the driveway alarm goes off, and a car I don't recognize comes driving up. A man gets out and asks if a fed ex truck came by here. Turns out the driver was his brother in law and that he has been at work since 7AM and his phone died and my farm was the last place his phone pinged at. He told me the driver has brain damage from a car accident a few years ago, which caused short term memory loss,  and his wife is worried and trying to find him.  I don't blame him, but why would any company hire a driver with that condition as a delivery driver? 

On 3/18/2023 at 12:47 PM, Corallas said:

I have not been too good with documentation of the departments I have talked to so far but do have pictures of the box outside the building , a text conversations with 

the person in my building who informed me my box was outside and empty , and possibly video from the apartment complex surveillance cameras but getting access 

to this may be dificult . 

... continue to escalate. That worked for me on a snowy day, when the driver said no one was home and I was grilling on the porch, purposely waiting for the delivery. A total lie. I ended up escalating through 3 levels of magnitude, each time explaining that I did a LOT of business with their client and was initiating a complaint on their end as well, about the FedEx incompetence. This was a Saturday, they redelivered on Sunday, even though all I had was "ground". I get failure, I do that myself, but I HATE someone telling a lie so they can "fail" on purpose. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I've also had a lot of good experiences with them too.

Edited by jimjum12

On 3/17/2023 at 11:28 PM, Corallas said:

We have thefts in my building frequently and this is precisely the service a shipper

I don't mean to single you out here, because this sounds like a terrible mishap to go through. However, I want to explain a certain perspective here that is informed by a similarly difficult fact pattern. I've been a boardie here for a long enough time to have noticed that these types of delivery addresses are fraught with issues. And by "these types of delivery addresses" I mean, whenever there is a building mail clerk, or someone accepting packages on the receivers behalf. I have seen every mail/courier service, even ones that were supposed to be 100% infallible, like registered, but particularly those which use some verification checkpoint, like a signature confirmation or acknowledgement receipt, fail. And it ranges from packages completely disappearing, to having had someone rummage through it.

As a sender, I like to know if my package is going to a place where someone has a person receiving parcels on their behalf. Without being accusatory, I prefer it's going directly to the door of the receiver, where the parcel is handed to them. And I know it too can be imperfect if they arrive and its your wife, kids or dog greeting them, however this is what I recommend. First, make the sender aware of the circumstance. Why? Because I can assure you the delivery service is well aware of the problems with "theft" in not only your building, but every building with this issue. And it's not just the company brass, it's everyone, right down to the delivery personnel. Second, when you have the sender prepare the shipment, request that the receiver only be left with a notice to come and pick up the package from the delivery service depot, office, or retail outlet, similar to the kind of notifications left when no one is at home to sign for the parcel. Under no circumstances, should the parcel be attempted to be delivered to you - instead, it needs to be picked-up and a notification left with the receiver with instructions on when/where to pick-up the parcel.

If everyone did their part, there would be no room for anyone to exploit this situation, and it's going on at least 15 years (but I'm sure it's more like 20) that I've been reading about these exact same scenarios. They may happen infrequently, but the sting is usually pretty severe when they happen. I think it's unfortunate that someone has to take the fall or blame here, when part of that fault lands squarely on the receiver to acknowledge the issue exists because of the opportunity it creates for those who use it to their advantage. And those unaware are the ones that take the brunt of it.

As a sender, I'd hate to not have that awareness, and only be told after a package is stolen or goes missing that the receivers building has a theft problem. 2c

Edited by comicwiz

Only one thing I wished is to allow me to change the delivery online.

It forces me to wait for the driver for few hours.  I am so tired of waiting and 4-5 previous hours were wasted away.

I preferred to change the delivery that will go directly to the local FedEx building. It's only a minute of driving. It's easy to pick it up at anytime before it will be closed at 7pm.

CGC forced me to sign at the exact location, no alternatives but I can hold it while I am on vacation.  That is the only option.  I don't like it every minute.