• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kansas City Planet Comicon Show Report

44 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, Math Teacher said:

I and @KirbyJack can say the same thing, except I haven't bought a "new" comic for over ten years. Dean sold me a couple nice copies of early BatB issues when I was working on completing my BatB #1 - #24 run.

Nice. When I lived in Omaha I went almost every wed for about 12 years. I moved an hour south into Iowa and I still go there but only about twice a month. 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:26 PM, Raze said:

Food, if you ever find yourself in Kansas City and you like BBQ ( I dont like BBQ my friend does) go to Q39! It is BY FAR the BEST BBQ Ive had! I had a Burnt End Bisket Burger...:cloud9: and the BBQ sauce was great!!

1. Not liking BBQ is unamerican 

2. next time try Joes Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joes), I'd recommend the original location and get the burnt ends if they have any left.There is just something about getting BBQ at a gas station. I remember when I lived there if someone in our friend group got a week day off work they had to go and wait in line to get it for everyone

image.jpeg.e870c037ea328e2d6c781d4fcc7ff157.jpeg

Edited by unclezebo

On 3/21/2023 at 7:32 PM, unclezebo said:

1. Not liking BBQ is unamerican 

2. next time try Joes Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joes), I'd recommend the original location. There is just something about getting BBQ at a gas station. I remember when I lived there if someone in our friend group got a week day off work they had to go and wait in line to get it for everyone.

http://www.urbanreviewstl.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/joeskc01.jpg

The big reason I dont like BBQ is the price you pay. You get very little. 

I want to leave a place feeling like I got my moneys worth and full. Most BBQ Im hungry in an hour.

My cousin worked for a big BBQ place here in St Louis and swears the price is justified but I dont buy it. Throw rub on a piece of meat and put it in a smoker and walk away for 12+ hours…ooooohhhhh the man hours.