• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question for the forums: What is a reasonable time frame to expect a reply when doing a comic deal?
4 4

95 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2023 at 9:04 PM, universal soldier said:

Sellers (and buyers) do need to communicate quickly when they are having a sales thread or least let the community know if they will be unavailable or unable to respond for xx days for a reason. This really shouldn't be a thing and certainly not worthy of any rule changes.

Exactly. Who wouldn’t want to communicate when they have a sales thread and need money? That would be a rule change that would rarely ever be used.

I am intrigued about the theory that visiting other sites and having open tabs showing that you visited. Hopefully when (if) he shows up, he can shed some light on that. For example, it shows he logged on today for the first time in a week but did not post any updates. Did he really log on or did he just visit ESPN to check on March Madness? :ohnoez:

On 3/27/2023 at 1:00 PM, CAHokie said:

Exactly. Who wouldn’t want to communicate when they have a sales thread and need money? That would be a rule change that would rarely ever be used.

I am intrigued about the theory that visiting other sites and having open tabs showing that you visited. Hopefully when (if) he shows up, he can shed some light on that. For example, it shows he logged on today for the first time in a week but did not post any updates. Did he really log on or did he just visit ESPN to check on March Madness? :ohnoez:

1st, the tail is still wagging. The horse ain't dead. :D

2nd, there are still unresolved issues. So the discussion should stay open until they are resolved. You can only get to the truth of any matter by open, transparent discussion. Anybody who wants to obfuscate discussion would only doing so because they have something invested in the outcome of the discussion and often it's because they were wrong.  

3rd, I think trying to distract the discussion with the 'beating a dead horse' GIF is pretty funny because

a) the horse isn't dead so you chose the wrong GIF and

b) if this was 5 years ago and someone was avoiding communication for over a week with multiple deals hanging in the air while logging into the forums, that person would have been ROASTED for it. 

How far have we lost our way when we are starting to make excuses and distractions for the people who are in the wrong while shifting blame onto people who are in the right?

What kind of a clown world is this that some live in? I shake my head. 

On 3/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, loganparker said:

Also…that’s a cow (Holstein I believe), not a horse!

lol

Hilarious. I missed that but should have known by the tail. :cry:

I remember this one time this herd of cattle broke out in Florida in the area we were staying in and were roaming around suburban, semi country neighborhoods. Me and my friends tried to herd them and corralle them using our cars. There were DOZENS of them. That was a fun night. 

Well, it looks like someone hit the notify button and got the other thread locked even though there was an important discussion to be had. :facepalm:

And THIS is why we can never resolve anything, because we can't discuss it and reach conclusions. 

• Administrator
On 3/27/2023 at 8:52 PM, VintageComics said:

Well, it looks like someone hit the notify button and got the other thread locked even though there was an important discussion to be had. :facepalm:

And THIS is why we can never resolve anything, because we can't discuss it and reach conclusions. 

That was no longer a discussion.  I'm guessing at least 1 person is lucky to still be able to post.  

On 3/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

That was no longer a discussion.  I'm guessing at least 1 person is lucky to still be able to post.  

The one implying that others that disagreed with him are mouth breathers? A term usually used as a derogatory term. 

On 3/27/2023 at 8:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

Fair enough. I was done posting and was even starting to agree with Speedcake even though we disagreed previously. 

I just think it would have been beneficial to have the input of other members in writing as it tends to sway board culture in one direction or the other. Cutting the convo short tends to force the culture to go in one direction. 

Anyway, thanks for allowing the discussion. I think it was a good one to have. 

There are obviously diverging opinions on the topic of how long we should expect to wait for communication now (although never used to be) and so I'm wondering if CGC Moderation have a position on the timing of communication?

• Administrator
On 3/27/2023 at 9:05 PM, VintageComics said:

There are obviously diverging opinions on the topic of how long we should expect to wait for communication now (although never used to be) and so I'm wondering if CGC Moderation have a position on the timing of communication?

CGC doesn't get involved at all with sales.  

Not everyone is on the boards all day, every day. Some only visit weekly, some less often than that. To expect a reply within 24 hours, especially if no money has changed hands, is basically volunteering for disappointment. As far as I'm concerned, 48 hours is a fair expectation if someone is running a sales thread ... there should be an expectation of responsibility in that scenario. I've had several very fair offers go unanswered, even to this day, after a long period. I don't even look at sales threads anymore by those Boardies EVER. Rudeness is always a red flag for me. I know people can forget, God knows I do. I don't feel like a punitive level for unanswered PMs (that don't involve a sale in progress) is fair, as there are people on ignore, etc., to consider. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12