• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

She divorced him because he collected comics....

73 posts in this topic

Get your cat litter out boys, I’m sensing this media-hyped collection is going to make it’s way to one of the auction houses where you’ll get your chance at a stinky book entombed in a Robert Bell bag for the past 40 years!

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 3/29/2023 at 1:50 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Get your cat litter out boys, I’m sensing this media-hyped collection is going to make it’s way to one of the auction houses where you’ll get your chance at a stinky book entombed in a Robert Bell bag for the past 40 years!

It really depends on storage conditions more than the bag. For some reason though, Detroit sounds bad.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

There's 2 in Golden.

pls also start one in Silver, Bronze and Copper.

The WTB section would also be a nice addition, as the son is selling stuff faster than he can count the dollar bills...

On 3/29/2023 at 2:55 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Not sure we need yet another thread about this collection.

I haven't posted in a while and not on the boards searching much lately.  Sorry it this was duplicated, just found it neat and thought I'd share.  

On 3/29/2023 at 5:21 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

Divorced him because he collected comics or divorced him because his obsession created a rift between him and his family and took up a bulk of their home space?

Exactly.  Was going for the click-bait!

On 3/29/2023 at 5:21 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

Divorced him because he collected comics or divorced him because his obsession created a rift between him and his family and took up a bulk of their home space?

Exactly. How much was the collection really ‘worth’… but I mean, the son did say, if he was alive today he would tell him “You were right dad!”

Even though his dad is dead and doesn’t give a :censored: about any of it, because he is dead.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:12 AM, Gatsby77 said:

That stack of Ghost Rider # 1s was impressive.

It would have been even more impressive if it was a stack of Marvel Spotlight 5's.  (thumbsu

Heck, if we are in FantasyLand here now..........................why not a whole stack of Action 1's and Detective 27's?  lol  :takeit: