• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrasslin' - Ay Yo - It's Time to Get a Thread. "Thank You, <Spoon> You, Bye"
2 2

71 posts in this topic

So since there are a few of us that privately discuss the comings and goings of WWE and AEW as well as other things, perhaps it is time to start a thread. 

With the recent acquisition of WWE by Endeavor, it will be an interesting road in the years to come. 

So perhaps this will suffice to discuss where things are headed, commentary on what has happened (WWE) and remember sometimes what goes on behind the scenes is far more interesting that what goes on in front of the camera (AEW Media Scrums). 

And the immortal words of JC... no not that JC, Jim Cornette, "Thank you, <spoon> you, bye."

url.gif.d1606d29ce48bf2a06140b46441f9a65.gif. l-intro-1681144536.thumb.jpg.a88321c6e17e757dfc1ea100ee0158d2.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/11/2023 at 11:03 PM, Buzzetta said:

First up... I have said this for years, no one puts together a sports package or promo package like the WWE guys.  It was only a matter of time before they entered into making serious documentaries.  All it took was a couple of years into entering this foray of serious documentaries and they have earned an emmy nod.

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/wwe/woooooo!-becoming-ric-flair-nets-sports-emmy-nomination-for-outstanding-long-documentary

Ric when he wins the Emmy...

ric-flair-mental-hospital.gif

Edited by jaybuck43

BTW... let's say you are not a fan of this stuff but like what you might call "real sports".  You should check out this documentary on Kurt Angle anyway.  It focused more on his college athletic career and what happened at Foxcatcher than WWE. 

On 4/11/2023 at 11:08 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Ric when he wins the Emmy...

ric-flair-mental-hospital.gif

Thank you, wise man. 

This is why when you call me or text, this picture appears:

PAUL_05062014lr_0040_0.jpg

I am hoping that Tony continues to mismanage his own company and instead of making money by having the Elite (Kenny Omega and the Bucks) face FTR and CM Punk, that CM Punk will find his way back to WWE now that it is under new ownership and Heyman will be the advocate and wise man for a stable of Brock Lesnar, Roman, and CM Punk.

Heenan Family 2024

Paul-Heyman-and-CM-Punk-Wrestling-Examiner-1024x576.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/11/2023 at 11:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am hoping that Tony continues to mismanage his own company and instead of making money by having the Elite (Kenny Omega and the Bucks) face FTR and CM Punk, that CM Punk will find his way back to WWE now that it is under new ownership and Heyman will be the advocate and wise man for a stable of Brock Lesnar, Roman, and CM Punk.

Heenan Family 2024

Paul-Heyman-and-CM-Punk-Wrestling-Examiner-1024x576.jpg

It's 2024... you're a well dressed boy from Long Island....  Do you go with the $20+ billion company run by the top Hollywood agents in the world, or the guy in the back mainlining ADHD meds while the EVPs are fighting with each other?

mjf-aew.gif?

On 4/11/2023 at 11:23 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It's 2024... you're a well dressed boy from Long Island....  Do you go with the $20+ billion company run by the top Hollywood agents in the world, or the guy in the back mainlining ADHD meds while the EVPs are fighting with each other?

mjf-aew.gif?

But now this is the thing we have spoken about... 

7hufr8.jpg

On 4/11/2023 at 11:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

But now this is the thing we have spoken about... 

7hufr8.jpg

image.thumb.png.55cc7caf41c0f444319a7b374d2949de.png

Travis Heckle has the artwork for MAJOR MOTION PICTURES BABY, ya aint getting that with cost cutting WB.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:31 PM, jaybuck43 said:

image.thumb.png.55cc7caf41c0f444319a7b374d2949de.png

Travis Heckle has the artwork for MAJOR MOTION PICTURES BABY, ya aint getting that with cost cutting WB.

I will listen to this week's at some point.   Curious to see what they have to say about the Dusty AE Bio and a few other things. 

On 4/12/2023 at 8:58 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Jericho vs Keith lee for the dad bod championship.

If the Riot Squad see this comment he will call for his loyal among the IWC to seek out and destroy you. 

On 4/12/2023 at 9:00 PM, Buzzetta said:

Do you even bring back Punk when AEW goes to Wembley IF they ever bring Punk back? 

I texted you this earlier. It’s the only way you sell out wembly, but you shoot yourself in the foot on PPV buys, since you’re running the show at like 1/2pm eastern on a Sunday, in august. You know, directly against all of football. Then again, since Tony doesn’t care about making money or running the business correctly, he may do it just to say he sold out wembly. 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:52 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I texted you this earlier. It’s the only way you sell out wembly, but you shoot yourself in the foot on PPV buys, since you’re running the show at like 1/2pm eastern on a Sunday, in august. You know, directly against all of football. Then again, since Tony doesn’t care about making money or running the business correctly, he may do it just to say he sold out wembly. 

I am caught up.

"Sometimes you need a stadium for a match and other times you need a match for a stadium."

NFL season does not start until September 7th so if someone is a fan of both, I am sure they will make the effort to watch Punk v Omega and FTR vs the Bucks or a single match where all are in it together.  The major thing though is whether or not the Bucks can look past their own nonsense.   As much as JC and BL blast Jericho, they did make mention by making fun of him that Jericho would probably do business with Punk and turn their off screen problems into business.  Jericho is capable of being a professional.   The Bucks are not. 

Again, I question any member of the office that leaks or talks to subordinates in a negative away to other subordinates or shares personnel information amongst the employees as "someone" has been openly accused of doing when it came to Malaki Black/ Tom Budgen and Thunder Rosa / Melissa Cervantes.  Both of them openly discussed how "someone" in the company shared private information to the public about them with Tom taking time off for mental health issues and Cervantes taking time off for and the nature of her injury. 

Making these guys EVPs and not reigning them in is a failure on Tony Khan's part.  Leadership in this area does not seem to be a strong suit.