• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of GA dealers online...
14 14

531 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give a shout out to Tommorrow's Treasures and Richard Muchin. Since I found his website via this post, I bought two great Golden Age DC's I've been looking for for years. Great service and packaging.

Really? My experience with Richie is that he restores many of his books(very amateur resto), is abrasive to customers, and likes to fling GA books around like they were frisbees.

:roflmao: Just perusing this thread and saw this old post and fell out of my chair laughing. I will say that although I have never had an opportunity to buy stuff from Ritchie, he has been a good buyer of my stuff. Never had any problems in that regard.

I remember going into his "lab" once and seeing a Batman 2 sitting on a lamp shade with a hot light bulb underneath heating some resto work he had done. Funniest thing I saw that whole year! lol

I thought it might be handy to have a complete list of dealers who sell GA comics online.

Here's the list I came up with when I was searching for an All Star #57...

www.jimpayettecomics.com

www.superworldcomics.com

www.metropoliscomics.com

www.dougsulipacomics.com

www.highgradecomics.com

www.blbcomics.com

www.terryscomics.com

www.goldenagecomics.com

www.fourcolorcomics.com

www.bedrockcity.com

www.jhcomics.com

www.redbeardsbookden.com/comic.phtml

www.harleyyeecomics.com

www.mycomicshop.com [Lone Star Comics]

Any others? popcorn.gif

[Disclaimer: Several of these dealers have a bad reputation for poor customer service, overgrading, or both. Do a search of this forum for more info.]

Jim Payette is one of my top 3 dealers to buy from. Very conservative grading and great material. Been dealing with Jim for 25 years now!! :golfclap:

I was just browsing the Goldenagecomics.com website, and there are a couple of items that interest me...anyone have any feedback on them before I request a couple of scans?

Jim

Id like an answer to this too. Has anyone ever dealt with Goldenagecomics before?

I was just browsing the Goldenagecomics.com website, and there are a couple of items that interest me...anyone have any feedback on them before I request a couple of scans?

Jim

Id like an answer to this too. Has anyone ever dealt with Goldenagecomics before?

I have purchased from them and was very happy with their communication and professionalism. I asked for scans of some of the pricier books and decided to pass because I felt they were overgraded, but on the VGish books I purchased, I felt their grading was accurate and was happy with my purchase.

I would buy from them again, but I would like to take a look at the more expensive or higher grade books before I made the buy. I did appreciate their high quality scans on the books I requested.

These are the two books I was most interested in.

Strange Adventures #80 in VF for $160

GoldenAgeComicsStrangeAdventures-1.jpg

CDNP #40 in NM for $525

GoldenAgeComicsCDNP-1.jpg

I have purchased from them and was very happy with their communication and professionalism. I asked for scans of some of the pricier books and decided to pass because I felt they were overgraded, but on the VGish books I purchased, I felt their grading was accurate and was happy with my purcase.

I would buy from them again, but I would like to take a look at the more expensive or higher grade books before I made the buy. I did appreciate their high quality scans on the books I requested.

Wow, that's got a huge stain on the front. Not good.

Jim

I have purchased from them and was very happy with their communication and professionalism. I asked for scans of some of the pricier books and decided to pass because I felt they were overgraded, but on the VGish books I purchased, I felt their grading was accurate and was happy with my purchase.

CDNP #40 in NM for $525

GoldenAgeComicsCDNP-1.jpg

I'd say VG & Fine would be more like it. :P

How is Lone Star Comics grading on GA books? There is a book on their site listed at VG... Wondering if it would be close to a CGC VG..?

Only ever bought one GA book from Lone Star. It was listed as VG. I have it in my database as VG-. Here's a scan of said book, you be the judge -

69726.jpg.8cf4fac295e7983e2cbd0fb378c0ab10.jpg

Thanks for the reply. So not too far off, but not strict. Any other experiences of buying GA from them?

I purchased a copy of IF THE DEVIL WOULD TALK from them a few years back, and it had undisclosed restoration. It might have been an honest error, but I'm in no hurry to buy from them again.

How is Lone Star Comics grading on GA books? There is a book on their site listed at VG... Wondering if it would be close to a CGC VG..?

Got this from them as a VG+ and it's close....I'm picky and would probably call it VG ,but it's the best copy I've ever had a shot at...tough book, I'm glad to have it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0001.jpg