• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posting BIGGER pics

16 posts in this topic

Ok I finally figured out how to post pics on the board...but how can I get them bigger to be able to have a good account of each issue for the spare a grade section

this is an image with the size I can get to now...anything bigger and the site says only 200k images 1007886-scan0010.jpg

1007886-scan0010.jpg.6effd2913844f423b6783c10f199d107.jpg

Ok I finally figured out how to post pics on the board...but how can I get them bigger to be able to have a good account of each issue for the spare a grade section

this is an image with the size I can get to now...anything bigger and the site says only 200k images 1007886-scan0010.jpg

use Photobucket www.photobucket.com. Their size limit for free accounts is 512 kb. This should be plenty big enough for your images.

use Photobucket www.photobucket.com. Their size limit for free accounts is 512 kb. This should be plenty big enough for your images.
And if you pay them about $25- $30 a year you get more kb and it's better especially if you sell on ebay.

Check your software for a setting of the amount of compression used when saving the .jpg. Attached is your picture cropped and resaved with 50% compression. It's only 27k now, with no visible difference in quality.

1009554-scan0010a.jpg

1009554-scan0010a.jpg.2ca8b2ca06eb07e81ac725f6916d268e.jpg

With using compression you can make pictures this big, or bigger, and stay well under the 200k limit. This one is only 70k.

... And it shows. yeahok.gif

IMO: I'd leave the scans the way they are before compressing them like that.

I just scan the pic at 600dpi(it's huge when it's scanned). Go to your image editor(MS Paint works fine for the next step). Go to Stretch/Skew and type in the values you want to give the pic. I use 15% of the original and get this size pic:

Showcase57.jpg

With using compression you can make pictures this big, or bigger, and stay well under the 200k limit. This one is only 70k.

... And it shows. yeahok.gif

IMO: I'd leave the scans the way they are before compressing them like that.

What it shows is that I took his small picture and doubled it in size in order to show how big a picture you could put on here and still attach it. If it had started from a 600 dpi scan, reduced down to that size, and used software compression, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.