• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate spiderman #1 White Variant

111 posts in this topic

Because I am one of my comic stores top customers I usually get first shot at variants for cover price. When Ultimate Spiderman #1 came out I grabbed 2 white variant covers along with multi-copies of the other #1's.

My question is how many of these White variants were made? They seem to be holding value. Was there a certain ratio like buy 20 and get 1 white retail insentive?

Because I am one of my comic stores top customers I usually get first shot at variants for cover price. When Ultimate Spiderman #1 came out I grabbed 2 white variant covers along with multi-copies of the other #1's.

My question is how many of these White variants were made? They seem to be holding value. Was there a certain ratio like buy 20 and get 1 white retail insentive?

you've got 2???!!!

893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

and me that i've been trying to have one of these since day one... frown.gif

regards

I heard the number was quite a bit higher than 3000. You should ask a store owner they would probably know most accurately. The census still has less than 200 in 9.8 out of almost 900 graded.

The owner is good to a few of us, we do spend a sick amount of coin in there. He was really cool about it, there is one buyer who only goes into the shop every 2 months as he lives out of town. The White was selling for around $100us online by the time he went in, the owner still sold it to him for cover...now thats a way to keep your customers.

My brother has been after me for the white for sometime now plan is to give him one with his Christmas gift this year.

I will just keep them, I only paid cover price for them so no big deal. If I sold them i would only regret it later haha. As long as the price keeps above cover I am in money.

if your intrested in selling pm me i have a few customers that are interested. thumbsup2.gif

You can't be your own customer. cop.gif

The number 10k-12k (print run) of the white cover sits with me but I can't say for sure. Might have been a number via Wizard.

I heard they were 1:10 from the owner of a shop here.

I don't think there was any set ratio, and one store I talked to got one order with half normal and half white, while other stores ended a much lower ratio. Maybe it was a 1:10 (or 1:5, which was bandied about at the time) but the distributors screwed up?

Who knows? But one thing is for sure, there are more than 3,000 copies out there. I've personally heard numbers in the 10K-15K range that sound a lot more realistic, especially give the submission rates so far.

The number 10k-12k (print run) of the white cover sits with me but I can't say for sure. Might have been a number via Wizard.

Yeah, I remember seeing something like that, and have heard the "10K-15K" number from several different sources. I'd bet it was above 10K for sure.

Just think about it a different way: The 3K number makes absolutely no sense, as that would mean that almost 1/3 of the TOTAL PRINT RUN has already made it to CGC, which is pretty bizarre to say the least. screwy.gif

The 3K number makes absolutely no sense, as that would mean that almost 1/3 of the TOTAL PRINT RUN has already made it to CGC, which is pretty bizarre to say the least. screwy.gif

Makes sense to me considering what they're going for and that CGC was in existence at the time they came out.

How many of the Batman 608 RRPs have been slabbed?