• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate spiderman #1 White Variant

111 posts in this topic

I disagree Kidcolt. I just checked ebay in the auction section and there are 4 ungraded copies to 1 graded. Although your assertion may be correct amongst ebay store listings. Not to obscure the fact that the book is holding its value much better than many of the newer variants. The Superman/Batman #1 RIE for instance was produced in the lower thousands 1-2 if I am not mistaken and it hasn't increased in value like the Ult Spidey White has.If anything it is slowly holding on with the non 9.8's possibly dropping. The Ult Spidey in my opinion is a great modern book all around and I keep one in my collection for the simple reason that I like the cover. Don't let the higher print numbers make you think any less of the book it is one of the hottest variants on the market, specifically in 9.8, It doesn't matter how many there are if the population in ultra high grade stays low you have a sound investment.(Provided intersest maintains, which seems like it is after 5 years).

Oh great, all-knowning, professor of modern comics books (who doesn't even read them and complains about them all the time). Thank you for your wisdom.

You do realize that USM #1 did not just come out yesterday right? screwy.gif

It was about 5 years ago, which hardly qualifies as the type of on-the-shelf Moderns I hammer on today.

Oh great, all-knowning, professor of modern comics books (who doesn't even read them and complains about them all the time). Thank you for your wisdom.

You do realize that USM #1 did not just come out yesterday right? screwy.gif

It was about 5 years ago, which hardly qualifies as the type of on-the-shelf Moderns I hammer on today.

"Modern" nonetheless.

Just let me know where we can buy USM #1 White variant off the shelf for cover price.. 893blahblah.gif

Why would you want to buy one? They are much more common than everyone realizes and are going to crash in price right? yeahok.gif

Of course they are, but as your reading skills are obviously gone, I'll write it in big letters:

COVER PRICE

I'll buy all you have at COVER PRICE.

Just let me know where we can buy USM #1 White variant off the shelf for cover price.. 893blahblah.gif

Why would you want to buy one? They are much more common than everyone realizes and are going to crash in price right? yeahok.gif

Of course they are, but as your reading skills are obviously gone, I'll write it in big letters:

COVER PRICE

I saw it, Mr. Belligerent. But isn't it your supposition that they going to crash to cover price? tongue.gif

I saw it, Mr. Belligerent. But isn't it your supposition that they going to crash to cover price? tongue.gif

Who knows? The will obviously fall, but cover price? confused-smiley-013.gif

But I do know I could sell them to suckers for thousands before that day comes. yay.gif

Get a room.

COVER PRICE

So, JC, basically you are saying that your definition of a "modern comic book" is something that sells for cover price? confused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gif

So, JC, basically you are saying that your definition of a "modern comic book" is something that sells for cover price? confused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gif

In my usage, of course, as when I say "Thank God I am not reading Moderns anymore" it should be obvious I'm talking about OFF-THE-SHELF, NEW, CURRENT comics that naturally sell for cover.

The "anymore" should have been a dead giveaway that I'm not referring to a 5 year old title that I actually bought the first 12 issues of... 27_laughing.gif

I had some good luck and I was just plain ole stupid when comes to Ultimate Spidey 1. After driving around and looking for a copy (after hearing it was sold out) I found a store with 10 copies and bought all of them. As for the white version, at another store, I had one in my hand and put it back thinking, "I've already have 10 of these." So dumb was I.

Oh, and I ordered 12 copies of the DF variant. Glad I did.

I had some good luck and I was just plain ole stupid when comes to Ultimate Spidey 1. After driving around and looking for a copy (after hearing it was sold out) I found a store with 10 copies and bought all of them. As for the white version, at another store, I had one in my hand and put it back thinking, "I've already have 10 of these." So dumb was I.

Oh, and I ordered 12 copies of the DF variant. Glad I did.

Lucky you. I wasn't into comics at the time USM #1 came out. In fact, the first I heard about the Ultimate books was when Ultimate Carnage was making his first appearance 59 issues later.

I had to shell out $100 for a #1. The most I've ever paid for a book. But I think it was well worth it.

You have 12 copies of the white variant? Damn. Wanna sell any?

I had 12 copies of the Dynamic Forces variant with the Joe Quesada cover. (It was the white cover that I put back on the shelf. I still kick myself over that.) I have heard that the DF variant (limited to 5000 copies) is more rare that the white cover.

I sent two regular covers and two DF covers to CGC. One of each came back as 9.8, with the others a 9.6 and a 9.4. So I still have several ungraded copies of each. Wonder if any of them are 9.9's or 10.0's?