• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bry is going to destroy his AF15 for a blue label
2 2

118 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, KCOComics said:

It happens because people continue to reward this type of behavior by paying more for a hacked up book, than one with color touch. 

It's a shame, because that looks like a beautiful copy. 

Agreed...it looks, well, amazing

I checked out once he said cutting out the color touch shouldn’t affect the presentation. :facepalm:…and expects a 4.0 blue?

Cracking a case doesn’t leave a mess either if you know what you’re doing so the odds of this guy knowing what he’s talking about drops exponentially with every following sentence 

On 5/29/2023 at 9:05 PM, grayzr said:

Personally, I dislike the look of color touch removal and will stay away from it. In most cases it's so obvious and ugly. Color touch with bleed threw is even worse as you have to destroy the entire piece of the book containing color touch. Not sure how much obvious color touch removal effects a comics value but the AF 15 7.5 that sold on heritage in March looks like it went below FMV and has very obvious color touch removal.

Here is the AF 15 from HA

lf.jpg

If it is, that’s minuscule compared to all the bleed through on the video copy. He’ll be lucky if the cover isn’t completely detached when he’s done butchering that spine. This one looks more like the normal chipping from marvel sa books. 

On 5/29/2023 at 7:40 PM, Courageous Cat said:

This right here is what is wrong with the hobby. Sure, color touch isn't desirable, but to destroy this book is really a shame. I'm no fan of color touch, but would have no problem owning it. Foolish IMO

For those that want to see the bleed through he’ll be butchering out, just jump to 2:27

:facepalm:

On 5/29/2023 at 9:25 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I wonder if CCS might refuse to do the work to preserve the structural integrity of the book 

IKR. Looks like a good part of the spine will be hacked up. Notice he loves all the supporting comments (and there are a disconcerting bunch of 'em) but ignores the dissenting comments. Oh well, his book to do as he wishes, but my opinion of him isn't what it use to be after this.

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 5/29/2023 at 9:28 PM, Courageous Cat said:

IKR. Looks like a good part of the spine will be hacked up. Notice he loves all the supporting comments (and there are a disconcerting bunch of 'em) but ignores the dissenting comments. Oh well, his book to do as he wishes, but my opinion of him isn't what it use to be after this.

Please just report back & tag me when he posts the results :popcorn:

Anybody else see this and think of the Dylan AF 15's?

He is going to butcher out most of the spine and then when the cover gets detached he will blame CGC for ruining his AF15.

Probably post a bunch of rants about CGC, maybe every a toilet picture or two. 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:14 PM, Telegan said:

So all it takes is 1 person to twist the case and another to give it the evil side-eye while they do it?  Well I'll be ...

:gossip:The other guy was there incase the shrapnel that came flying off of it required someone to call for help. 

On 5/29/2023 at 11:17 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:gossip:The other guy was there incase the shrapnel that came flying off of it required someone to call for help. 

Did they go out of business after they posted this? :facepalm: