• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are falling prices creating "deals" for you?
2 2

73 posts in this topic

Posters here have WAY broader knowledge of books than I do so I'm just wondering what "deals" people here are finding with the recent pull back in prices.

I, for one, having only gotten back interested during the spike in prices have been holding off on making lots of new purchases even though I had decided some time ago that I wanted to pick up some Kirby stuff since that was what I unknowingly was collecting as a youngster many moons ago.  I've had my eye on completing my run of Eternals, but wasn't interested in paying the ludicrous prices of 2022.  Over the weekend I was very happy to see on MCS books 1-3 in a 9.2,9.4, and 9.4 (MCS graded not CGC) grade for $65,$53, and $46. which I immediately scooped up.  Obviously not everyone's fav, but still I figure that was a huge deal compared to prices a year or so ago.

Anyways, just wondering what deals others found recently or for what deals people are on the lookout?

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.png

Edited by 2Sunny

On 6/1/2023 at 4:41 PM, 2Sunny said:

Posters here have WAY broader knowledge of books than I do so I'm just wondering what "deals" people here are finding with the recent pull back in prices.

I, for one, having only gotten back interested during the spike in prices have been holding off on making lots of new purchases even though I had decided some time ago that I wanted to pick up some Kirby stuff since that was what I unknowingly was collecting as a youngster many moons ago.  I've had my eye on completing my run of Eternals, but wasn't interested in paying the ludicrous prices of 2022.  Over the weekend I was very happy to see on MCS books 1-3 in a 9.2,9.4, and 9.4 (MCS graded not CGC) grade for $65,$53, and $46. which I immediately scooped up.  Obviously not everyone's fav, but still I figure that was a huge deal compared to prices a year or so ago.

Anyways, just wondering what deals others found recently or for what deals people are on the lookout?

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.png

I’ve always liked the Kirby Eternals run. It only really derails hard with the Hulk storyline towards the end.

Nice to see a very common book becoming more affordable again, though.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I'd like to pickup some early FF stuff as well.  I was even thinking of trying my hand at an auction for the first time.  Comic Connect has a few books I'm particularly keen on acquiring.  Any good old threads out there with advice on taking part in an auction for the first time?

Edited by 2Sunny

I sold an ASM 2 2.0 two months ago at MCS for 1674...just won an ASM 2 3.0 for 1430 on comic link...so after fees and sales tax, I spent 130 to upgrade ..that was well worth the gamble I took but the price drop is a little concerning for auctions I have going up in July...might hold off on those

I have noticed that other first appearances ASM 4, ASM 9 took a significant hit this week ..so good time to buy those

also, ASM annual 1 might be taking a big dip also

ASM 50 seems to be holding steady, as well as ASM 14

On 6/1/2023 at 9:16 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

It's a warehouse book; there's a zillion out there. 

Okay acknowledged newbie here.  What's a "warehouse book"?  Should that book have a lower relative price?  Totally not being mean just want to learn so thanks for any info!