• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

artists on issues

6 posts in this topic

The Grand Comics Database project supports limited searches by penciller, inker or scripter. Works beautifully for distinctive names like Wrightson, Kaluta, Starlin or Steranko. For more common names like Adams or Smith, it's not useful.

Being as a product of the 70's (namely me), the major 2 (DC and Marvel) didn't give props to the cover artist. Alot of covers weren't signed... so alot of guess work went into finding out who they were.

Like Zonker stated mainstays like Adams, Kane, Wrightson, Swan, Anderson, Cardy... just to name a few... you can find alot info on.

If you get Previews catalogue for new stuff from the industry,... I got turned to Twomorrows Publishing; They put out books on Alan Davis to Jose Luis Garcia Lopez to George Perez to Giordano. Check them out and you might find what your looking for.

I just picked up in hardcover... Echoes, The artwork of Kaluta... great stuff.

They have a webpage but I can't remember the URL.

Hope this helped. thumbsup2.gif