• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What has Disney done with it's Fox Portfolio and is Hulu worth it's estimated price tag?
4 4

29 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2024 at 4:54 PM, Bosco685 said:

There were a few articles in this thread about the war between Universal and Disney over Marvel Comics overall rights. Disney wanted the full Marvel Theme Park rights while also fighting to get the full Hulk rights back.

Marvel’s post-‘Endgame’ anger-management issue: The Incredible Hulk’s future

So the Hulk solo film rights by Universal are indefinite but Marvel can use him in the Avengers? Is that the gist?

On 9/9/2024 at 5:09 PM, VintageComics said:

So the Hulk solo film rights by Universal are indefinite but Marvel can use him in the Avengers? Is that the gist?

Yes basically. 

On 9/9/2024 at 5:08 PM, Buzzetta said:

Correct, but the Universal theme parks rights are not related to the acquisition of Fox Studios nor the reacquisition of theatrical rights of characters previously leased to Fox.

You Are Correct Sir Ed Mcmahon GIFs | Tenor

On 9/9/2024 at 5:09 PM, VintageComics said:

Correct. As long as it is as part of a team event (I guess Avengers versus solo-focused film).

On 9/9/2024 at 5:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Correct. As long as it is as part of a team event (I guess Avengers versus solo-focused film).

Thanks! (thumbsu

On 9/9/2024 at 5:17 PM, VintageComics said:

Thanks! (thumbsu

On 9/9/2024 at 5:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

More interesting is the TV Rights.  The deal leased the Hulk character out to Universal for theatrical distribution rights and use making no mention of television.  This is how we got a standalone She-Hulk series.  Theoretically, if Disney wanted to do a streaming release of a Hulk miniseries they could.   

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/9/2024 at 6:20 PM, Buzzetta said:
On 9/9/2024 at 5:17 PM, VintageComics said:

Thanks! (thumbsu

You threatened me via text and now are trolling me on here.

You choose to quote me even when I'm not talking to you.

I won't be replying to you.

Stop trolling me. 

On 9/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, VintageComics said:

You threatened me via text and now are trolling me on here.

You choose to quote me even when I'm not talking to you.

I won't be replying to you.

Stop trolling me. 

Answering questions in a civil way is not trolling you.  If you put it on a public message board, it can be responded to.  I clarified media usage rights.  Trolling you even in the loosest sense would be to respond to every and any post you make in every and any thread you post in, which is clearly not occurring nor has happened. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/9/2024 at 6:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

More interesting is the TV Rights.  The deal leased the Hulk character out to Universal for theatrical distribution rights and use making no mention of television.  This is how we got a standalone She-Hulk series.  Theoretically, if Disney wanted to do a streaming release of a Hulk miniseries they could.   

I wondered that when She-Hulk came out. But again Bruce showed up briefly and then was gone. It could be trickier than any of us realize. Especially if Universal and Disney have had disputes over Marvel rights previously.