• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Imaging on your CGC submissions?

6 posts in this topic

Is their a reason that when you have chosen to have your CGC submissions IMAGED, they don't just attach it to the finished Cert#, rather than return you an image that is too large to attach (100K) in the Registry? I have to adjust all of my JPG submissions before attaching them to my Registry entries.

Ideas? Thanks

"All Life is Suffering" - Buddha. confused-smiley-013.gif

It would just seem that since we pay $3.00/book for the service, it would at least be a size we could readily attach to the Cert. in the Registry, if not already displayed that way in the Registry.

Instead, I get a JPG I could have made myself (given my scanner cannot handle the whole slab though). I get a JPG that is already too big to post immediately (>100K) and then have to modify the dimensions makepoint.gif etc. just to post the pic.

I know , Oh Whaaaa!, but it is just the principal of the matter flamed.gif

I can understand that fully, but why offer to IMAGE the book for you during certification and not bother to attach it to the certificate? This may sound Anal, but, I can image them myself and save $3.00/book ya think?

I was initially under the impression that if I purchased imaging, it would have been added to the Cert#.. in the Registry, so that if anyone were to check the Cert#, they would see an Image of the book as well.

Anal meaning that I have gone so far to even have a Microchip embedded in my Chihuahua as well as DNA certification for her registration. If her Cert were to be looked up in the owner's society, or if she were lost an needed to be identified by a veterinerian. I think that describes my issue. makepoint.gif

I was under that impression too, that part of the reason was to push the Registry. I mean I certainly do not need to have it done, I have been scanning books for a while. An extra $3 a book can add up after a while.