• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC and the Michelle Pfeiffer Signing??
4 4

20 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2023 at 9:15 AM, CrystalM CS said:

Hello, I apologize for my misinformation, I have been told late yesterday that we will be proceeding the Michelle Pfeiffer signing and it should not be available on the website. 

?????

If she is signing, I would love to know what books people are sending in.  Pics please.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:09 AM, ericbuckendorf said:

Anyone see that the Pfiefer signing is in CCS pressing? Means it's signed right?

No. If it goes into "CCS in Process" then you know it was signed. If still in "Received at CCS" is just CGC putting it in the system if you are getting it pressed before grading.

• Administrator

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. This signing has not yet taken place. The cutoff dates we have for signing submissions are scheduled weeks or months in advance to allow our team ample time to prepare for the signing. Once your order has been signed then it will begin its 6/8 week estimated turnaround time. The status the submission tracking page shows is the status it will show until after the signing has finished. 

Please note however we do not make the signing dates public knowledge until after the event has taken place. This is to allow for if the signing needs to be postponed for any reason. Rest assured until then your order is being stored in our climate controlled safe. Thank you so much for your patience. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

On 7/31/2024 at 11:23 AM, trduchien said:

No. If it goes into "CCS in Process" then you know it was signed. If still in "Received at CCS" is just CGC putting it in the system if you are getting it pressed before grading.

Do they really have a process? I look at mine everyday and the current signature and press I have just went from "Received at CCS" to "Scheduled for Grading". Does this mean it is signed and pressed and grading is next? 

On 8/26/2024 at 3:24 PM, WDBill said:

Do they really have a process? I look at mine everyday and the current signature and press I have just went from "Received at CCS" to "Scheduled for Grading". Does this mean it is signed and pressed and grading is next? 

Not a Michelle Pfeiffer signing. I think mine is the Jim Lee signing. Don't want to confuse anyone. :)

• Administrator
On 8/26/2024 at 4:24 PM, WDBill said:

Hello @WDBill,

If you ever have questions like this, please give us a call or send us an email so we can check your submission specifically. Your order was completed through CCS and then moved to grading in the same day. Thanks for checking! 

On 8/27/2024 at 7:33 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @WDBill,

If you ever have questions like this, please give us a call or send us an email so we can check your submission specifically. Your order was completed through CCS and then moved to grading in the same day. Thanks for checking! 

My point was mainly that I have never seen any of mine go to "CCS in Process" and I have sent in a lot of books. I don't have a clue how long it take CCS to press a book but there have been times I questioned if it was done after seeing the results. I am good if signing and pressing is done in one day and status is what it is and I will get it when I get it. Thanks for the reply Matt.

On 8/27/2024 at 8:02 AM, WDBill said:

My point was mainly that I have never seen any of mine go to "CCS in Process" and I have sent in a lot of books. I don't have a clue how long it take CCS to press a book but there have been times I questioned if it was done after seeing the results. I am good if signing and pressing is done in one day and status is what it is and I will get it when I get it. Thanks for the reply Matt.

I stand corrected.................

Status.JPG

On 9/20/2024 at 2:04 PM, EC1234 said:

It has been over a year now (Sept 2023)...has CGC been able to re-schedule last years signing yet?? Would be nice to have my four books back in-hand before 2025.....

I’m not here to defend CGC. But the thing to keep in mind about this particular signing is that it’s not being facilitated by CGC. Twin Cities is organizing this. And according to their site, this signing event doesn’t even have a scheduled date so it is going to be a while and it sucks. The Cumberbatch signing took over a year from submission to getting our books back as well