• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Deathstrike

39 posts in this topic

I just checked several back issues and she first appears as Yuriko Oyama in DareDevil #197. Lady Deathstrike is Alpha Flight #33. An interesting fact also is that DareDevil #197-199 features Bullseye with a broken back that is repaired by Yuriko Oyama's father Lord Dark Wing.

If anyone wants a free copy of this issue, PM me. You can pay me $1.50, and I'll send it in a bubble wrapper with backing boards. I tried to read the issue, and it was a POS. It's probably in VF/NM condition.

Just because her Human appearance has in Daredevil does not mean Daredevil was Deathstrikes first appearance.

If by example Amazing Fantasy 15 was Peter Parkers First appearance in Comics but he did not become Spider-man Untill Amazing #1 would that makes Amazing 15, Spider-Man's first appearance?

I think not

It's pretty simple. This character is the same woman. If you want to get down to semantics, we would say her first appearance ever is in Daredevil but her first appearance in costume and as Lady Deathstrike is in Alpha Flight. But if you're looking chronologically for the very first appearance in any form of the woman who is Deathstrike, then sorry, it's still Daredevil.

Everybody happy?

And why the hell do we care? People. Listen to Khaos: IT'S ONLY DEATHSTRIKE. She's still (as she always was) an uninteresting, unsympathetic character. Go dump your money in Power Pack #27 if you want REAL investment potential.

I thought we were just trying to nail it down for sheer information's sake. I doubt there will be a huge run on Deathstrike issues when all those movie patrons come rushing out of the theater shouting "Having never read a comic before in my life, I must go home and check on eBay and buy the most expensive copy of every Lady Deathstrike appearance I can find whether she appears in her human form or enhanced via the adamantium science devised by her father!"

laugh.gif