• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite non-comic Comic-related Items

28 posts in this topic

I'm sure I can't be the only comic collector out there who collects related memorabilia, yet I haven't seen a thread about this stuff yet. So, let's hear it. What does everyone else also collect? Favorite items?

My favorite items include character and cartoon glasses (including prototypes) and the Marvel Third-Eye blacklight posters and cards from the 70's.

My favorites are hands-down the original art I own (I had to sell a bunch, but I still have some good pieces left). But if you're talking about merchandise, I like my Lynda Carter Wonder Woman writswatch (you have to wind it!), small PVC figures, my Superman wall clock, and my library of books written about comics. I also have tons of trading cards, but that seems like a different area.

-- Joanna

DC DIRECT action figures. I've got the Justice Society figures and some of the silver age ones. I don't really collect action figures, I just like that they are making figures of some of my favorite comic characters. Who would ever think that in this day and age you'd see action figures of Hourman, Dr. Mid-Nite, or Golden Age Flash. I'm glad they seen a demand for these old characters.

Some of the ppl on this board wonder why I keep on rambling about orig comic bk art. The reason is b/c that has been my #1 want since about 1987 when I finished my Marvel collection.

OT: Spidey dvd & video to be released Nov. 1/02 has pre-orders of 24.7 million units which is gr8ter than Shrek's 24 million.Go Spidey, GO. laugh.gif

Yes... I had Underoos too.

I also remember collecting all those Superhero Slurpee Cups from 7-11 while I was buying comics off the rack. The Marvel Sticker packs were fun too!!

Although fleeting... the Spider-man "Silly String" was fun. I ran around "Thwipping" everyone with the stuff. UNTIL... My parents declared "No More Silly String!!!" one morning when I emptied a whole can on them in their sleep. I was trying to "web them up" in the bed so they couldn't get out... just like the comics. My plan was to eat the whole box of Lucky Charms before they could escape... well, that didn't work out too well... Foiled again!!!grin.gif

I like anything comic book related that was available in a bubble gum machine in the early seventies. I remember one bubble gum dispenser display that had all of the DC heroes flying on it, including the non-super powered ones like Batman and Green Arrow.

Pez Dispensers used to be available in vending machines at the supermarket. I can't even begin to imagine how many times I got the old Batman dispenser; the Batman Pez that has been used since the movies came out isn't the same.

Also, I remember the 7-11 Slurpee Cups. I had a near complete set of them at one time, but they were ruined in the dishwasher(yeah, I actually drank out of them). My favorite one was Alfred the Butler, because it used an image from a Golden Age comic book(Batman without the yellow oval around his insignia).

I have a set of mugs that all have golden age images on them. I forgot about those. They're still in the box. I guess I should sell them on ebay. They're really cool mugs from the WB store probably 10 years ago.

-- Joanna

My favorite is the statues, especially Bowen's. My favorite personal non-mass-market produced item is a replica of Magneto's helmet! I got lucky by getting this thing on E-Bay two years ago; it was forged by one of those guys who makes Medieval-style armor. I'm thinking about getting it repainted, glossed, and having the Magneto "horns" mounted on the front; anybody know a good blacksmith? smile.gif

MagnetoHelmet.jpg

I have the 2 completed Marvel Value Stamp books. In addition, I have quite a bit of 7-Eleven slurpee cups featuring both the Marvel and DC characters. And....oh yes, I have the infamous Spider-man and Incredible Hulk toilet tissue in its original box! shocked.gif

P.S. I have a few of the binders featuring some of the 1970s Marvel Characters! smile.gif

Ouch! He got ya, FF! grin.gif Any reply?

Talk about a fanboy desk! Cover recreations in the background, stack of cgc'd books to the right, enormous freakin' helmet in the middle of the desk!

It's as bad as my desk! grin.gif (actually worse blush.gif )

You dare defy one of the foremost members of Superior?

Acknowledge your master and BOW, human, lest I render the iron in your blood into a chain about my neck!

Nah, I don't wear the helmet much, there aren't any pads inside of it. Not very comfortable. I'm thinking about putting those inside too.

Hmmmm.. is Chromium magnetic ?? wink.gif

Come on James, you have the helmet, you have a digital camera handy, you know we all want to see a pic of you wearing it smile.gif

Don't you guys at that side of the pond celebrate Halloween soon ??

Would make a nice picture

You wish to sample the face of a man who holds the lives of every nation's inhabitants in the palm of his hand? Do you also crave to witness a volcano erupting from directly at its base? Or to stare into a chasm created by the savagery of a wide-area earthquake? Such are the forces that I can unleash upon those that inquire into the truth of my person!

Behold my geekiness...

MagnetoHelmetWearing.jpg