• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
27 27

1,919 posts in this topic

I noticed the mishap on my cable Deadpool #1 slab, but when I noticed the curvature and it was also on the other slabs but cable deadpool looked affected. They looked lower grade but correctly graded. Sometimes I put my foot in my mouth, not perfect, but I've sent in several subs, and if we're talking a total recall . ?

I'm sure it must depend on the book in the slabe, but it is up to cgc to figure it out, and if they can't notice the squeeze on every book just like me? Then I'd assume the bowing seemed tolerable or "not a bad thing" and depends on the book? That kind of thing idk  :shy:

On 7/14/2024 at 7:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I noticed the mishap on my cable Deadpool #1 slab, but when I noticed the curvature and it was also on the other slabs but cable deadpool looked affected. They looked lower grade but correctly graded. Sometimes I put my foot in my mouth, not perfect, but I've sent in several subs, and if we're talking a total recall . ?

I'm sure it must depend on the book in the slabe, but it is up to cgc to figure it out, and if they can't notice the squeeze on every book just like me? Then I'd assume the bowing seemed tolerable or "not a bad thing" and depends on the book? That kind of thing idk  :shy:

Thanks for looking out. I'll see what happens when my 2 book order comes back; then I'll decide. In thr meantime I have 2 other books to go across the street. 

Had a conversation with CS this morning. Raised the concern and satisfied with the response - that there is no current issue. This was after a discussion by CS with a manager and this was subsequently documented in an email. I will proceed with grading and go from there.

On close inspection my 9.8 book that has a (slightly) bowed inner well shows no apparent damage that would cause me concern that it is not still a 9.8 - no spine stress whatsoever. I will send them photos of the condition and will hold off on sending back for reholder until after I receive my current submissions back in-hand. I will also monitor the book for any signs of change - though considering it was graded in March, I do not expect anything.

I'll be inspecting my order closely (though not high value) . However,  any biok high or low value that comes back with damage is a definite no Bueno.  Fingers crossed this can resolved. 

Seems like it. 

How in the world did books get out of house without an inner well??!!  Let's just put a plastic case around it and call it a day?? 

On 7/16/2024 at 12:00 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Seems like it. 

How in the world did books get out of house without an inner well??!!  Let's just put a plastic case around it and call it a day?? 

Did I miss something?  Is the no inner well thing new or old?

On 7/16/2024 at 12:20 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Has to be old, mad genius said this was a 2014-2015 issue. 

Ah I see.  Sorry.  A bunch of other posts are not there and your comment was on an old post and confused me.  Ha

On 7/16/2024 at 1:23 PM, DanJD said:

Ah I see.  Sorry.  A bunch of other posts are not there and your comment was on an old post and confused me.  Ha

No problem dude!  My brain hurts just thinking about a book in a case without an inner well.  Ouch! Lol 

On 7/16/2024 at 1:08 PM, CGC Mike said:

Going forward, please contact our customer service team, and they will assist you with this.

2 of the 4 of the last books I received had bent interiors - one with visible spine stress. I texted with CGC who then followed up via email - these books are heading back as MEs and are getting re pressed. Kudos to the CGC customer service people & looking forward to seeing how this plays out (ideally, the books come back with the same grade and lie flat in the slab...)

On 7/16/2024 at 1:08 PM, dbcn said:

2 of the 4 of the last books I received had bent interiors - one with visible spine stress. I texted with CGC who then followed up via email - these books are heading back as MEs and are getting re pressed. Kudos to the CGC customer service people & looking forward to seeing how this plays out (ideally, the books come back with the same grade and lie flat in the slab...)

That’s good.  I hope we don’t have to wait 8 weeks again to get the books back.

On 7/16/2024 at 2:08 PM, dbcn said:

Ideally, and what I was told, is there are no issues with the current encapsulation process. I don’t think someone should be crossing their fingers for correcting damage…

Edited by BraveDave