• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN still RULES.....is there any character more popular ? *DELETED*

64 posts in this topic

...and no..there is no more popular character than Spidey.. thumbsup2.gif

Many of the characteristics of Spider-man were swiped from GA Batman, IMO.

Misunderstood/wanted by the police, swinging around the city, named after a creature that instills fear, parental figure being murdered by a criminal inspires them to become a crimefighter, etc.

batman4.gif

The main difference being that Peter Parker poor and tends to whine alot. tongue.gif

Misunderstood/wanted by the police, swinging around the city, named after a creature that instills fear, parental figure being murdered by a criminal inspires them to become a crimefighter, etc.

batman4.gif

The main difference being that Peter Parker poor and tends to whine alot. tongue.gif

And Wayne doesnt?

batman4.gif

And Wayne doesn't?

Not GA Bruce Wayne. acclaim.gif

Krazy I semi-agree.

World wide I think Mickey Mouse was the biggest decades ago.

In 1932 Disney was given a special award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the creation of Mickey Mouse.

Mickey Mouse was so popular that over a million children joined the original Mickey Mouse Club between 1929 and 1932.

The League of Nations awarded Walt Disney a medal for the creation of Mickey Mouse in 1935.

Mickey Mouse was the last of the American cartoon heroes to be banned in Italy because he was a particular favourite with Mussolini's children; they were among the very few Italians who were able to defy their father with impunity.)

The Mickey Mouse watch was a huge hit, and the term "mickey mouse" could mean good as well as something that doesn't work correctly.

These are just some old examples, and I believe that Spider-man now rules as far as popularity (especially in America), but Mickey would probably be his biggest competiton on a "RECOGNIZABLE, POPULAR" scale.

Well, I thing the biggest difference is that Spidey has that average joe appeal. Anyone can put on the mask and pretend to be Spidey as opposed to Batman with the Batmobile, Wayne Manor, and tons of money. And Peter was Spidey even as a teen not like Bats who has always been an adult while being Batman.

hey guys what do you think of Tintin and Asterix ???893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i'm joking guys i'm joking 27_laughing.gif

Actually if this question was asked inside a French border then yes, popularity would be leaning to Tintin, and Asterix.

is there any character more popular ?

Harry Potter?

If it's based on the word "character" then hands down it would be Santa Claus. That dude is everywhere (except Syria and Iran) 27_laughing.gif

I am a total 100 percent die hard Superman Fan!

and i reluctantly admit that [at this moment]Spiderman is more popular.

Daily buoggle....Daily planet

Peter Parker......Clark Kent

Lois Lane.........Mary jane

secret identities

losing powers and getting them back.

Clearly the Superman concepts are the model for the Spiderman comic books and movies[its all been done before.]

My guy will be the top guy again next year,but for now Spidey is rules.

Actually if this question was asked inside a French border then yes, popularity would be leaning to Tintin, and Asterix.

i'm not agree with you, i'm a comic book fan ,sure thing, but Tintin is from Belgium not from France bumpit.gif and he is really known all over the earth thumbsup2.gif

i'm not agree with you, i'm a comic book fan ,sure thing, but Tintin is from Belgium not from France bumpit.gif and he is really known all over the earth thumbsup2.gif

What is a 'Tintin' ? I have never heard it ?

My apologies for the geography. Please know that no slight was intended. I could have easily found something to say in the negative, but as you saw I was giving credit to a couple of fine artistic creations.

My apologies for the geography. Please know that no slight was intended. I could have easily found something to say in the negative, but as you saw I was giving credit to a couple of fine artistic creations.

thumbsup2.gif

i prefer marvel comics, i never read a lot of "european" comics but for those who want to know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin

INFIDEL!!!!! How dare you not have heard of Tintin? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

INFIDEL!!!!! How dare you not have heard of Tintin? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif He's new here, give him a couple of hours.