• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas Comic-Con Report 2024! .... And Now For Something Completely Different...
2 2

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 8:37 PM, Cman429 said:

$40 above last sale isn’t bad by con standards, especially on the first day when I find most dealers are stubborn about dealing. I’ll give the owner the benefit of the doubt and believe he really just forgot to look up recent FMV when he had it priced at $375 and wasn’t just doing the typical “filthy casual markup” you see at cons where everything is priced 50-75% higher than FMV hoping to sell to impulse buyers 

That's what he had said and he did end up looking it up at the time, or his reasoning for looking it up at purchase. He quoted $250 before looking but wanted to double check.

That is a long winded statement to clarify, that the last sale of a 3.0 was for $210 as pictured, he said $250 for the 3.5 ...all on ebay

What the rabbit hole for me was that the last sale for an actual "3.5?" On eBay was only $150. :roflmao: so whomever picked that up either got a steal or other way around.

I told him I had passed on it in 2019 for around $250 and had regretted it or prayed I had another shot at it, so I'd take it!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Posted (edited)

Basically it was a price I was good on paying due to having passed on it at price years ago.

Sometimes buyers look it up?

Since he wanted to and was quoting something I liked before hand I went ahead and took it.

Blessed him I hope.

Got home saw the last 3.5 sale at $150 and felt hesitant but waited to panic to look up the 3.0 as pictured that sold at $210, so his $250 was fair for a 3.5. 

Since he was offering before looking it up, I didn't feel it kosher to check his work. I guess I could have said show me but all good.

One day down so far :x

I hope the others in the event thread who attend will chime in or found the pics useful ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/7/2024 at 9:37 PM, Cman429 said:

$40 above last sale isn’t bad by con standards, especially on the first day when I find most dealers are stubborn about dealing. I’ll give the owner the benefit of the doubt and believe he really just forgot to look up recent FMV when he had it priced at $375 and wasn’t just doing the typical “filthy casual markup” you see at cons where everything is priced 50-75% higher than FMV hoping to sell to impulse buyers 

Well, its not $40, its $20 above because of shipping, so I'd be OK with it.

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 10:40 AM, Robot Man said:

Sorry about your radiator. I once got my window smashed in a con parking lot. Lousy way to end a fun day. Hopefully you can get back to the rest of the show. :wishluck:

Ya I made it. Photo ops were today maybe one tomorrow, with the crowds and etc. I'm not hoofing as many pictures, but I did spend the rest of my money 😂 

They changed the times of photos this morning and with needing to drive to the train, it was a quick dash to get situated, but been here two hours. Figured I'd make it easy on me lol

IMG_20240608_133255741.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

This is my first year to attend. Is it OK to post my haul and pics in this thread? I'll do it tomorrow after the final day, if so. I have to admit that I've spent more time with creators and celebrities than hunting back issues and digging though bins, though I did pick up a few small things on that end. But I did get fun autographs and have some cool stories and info to share! Sorry you had truck problems, @Adamantium, but thank the Lord it didn't completely shut you down for the weekend!

On 6/8/2024 at 11:54 PM, BuraddoRun said:

This is my first year to attend. Is it OK to post my haul and pics in this thread? I'll do it tomorrow after the final day, if so. I have to admit that I've spent more time with creators and celebrities than hunting back issues and digging though bins, though I did pick up a few small things on that end. But I did get fun autographs and have some cool stories and info to share! Sorry you had truck problems, @Adamantium, but thank the Lord it didn't completely shut you down for the weekend!

Yes! Perfectly suitable to post here! I didn't know who all went, to tag, but all are welcome 🤗