• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talk about lucky

27 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2024 at 7:01 PM, gadzukes said:

I won a small stack of precode horror at auction.  Only one photo (HiBid) so I was really taking a risk.

I was thinking 3.0-3.5 on most of them judging by the photo, but when I opened the box today it was more like 1.5-2.0.  Ugh.  At best I would only make my money back.

But then..... one extra comic was added to the lot that wasn't in the photo.

WOW.... what an extra!!!!! And it's complete.  And it has a chance at 3.0 - 3.5 (maybe 4.0?)

Talk about lucking out! 

IMG_7576.jpeg

Christmas in July!!!

Congrats on that one, big time! (worship)

Edited by Jayman

On 7/21/2024 at 12:01 AM, gadzukes said:

I won a small stack of precode horror at auction.  Only one photo (HiBid) so I was really taking a risk.

I was thinking 3.0-3.5 on most of them judging by the photo, but when I opened the box today it was more like 1.5-2.0.  Ugh.  At best I would only make my money back.

But then..... one extra comic was added to the lot that wasn't in the photo.

WOW.... what an extra!!!!! And it's complete.  And it has a chance at 3.0 - 3.5 (maybe 4.0?)

Talk about lucking out! 

IMG_7576.jpeg

So they just threw in a grail (and my favorite PCH book)? Now that is luck. Congrats!

On 7/20/2024 at 8:02 PM, goldust40 said:

So they just threw in a grail (and my favorite PCH book)? Now that is luck. Congrats!

It turns out the Weird Mysteries was in the 1 photo.... It was covered up for some reason by a front cover for this Forbidden Worlds comic.  You can just barly see it peeking out from underneath.

Again.... lucky.

IMG_7573.jpeg

I was watching them, but didn't pull the trigger. I did call the auctioneer about shipping/pick up and I got the impression he did not know what he had hehe.

On 7/20/2024 at 11:19 PM, gadzukes said:

Nope.  An old piece of celophane going across almost the entire front cover   :pullhair:

I'm thinking a 1.0 - 1.5

Still.... cool cover.

74318458941__5EC10AF4-7E75-4BD3-9821-28F869A9424A.jpeg

It’s a great Cole cover, and one that doesn’t seem to come around too often. (thumbsu