• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine appearance in Hulk 184
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I was just looking thru some of my Hulks and noticed in Hulk 185 the "Letters page" discussion is about Hulk 181 (which is kind of fun to read fans first reactions to what would become such a major Marvel Character).

In the midst of the letters page are 2 panels with Wolvie.  Is this something that fandom has overlooked?  Possibly 4th appearance of Wolverine???

The bigger panel is the famous Splash page from 181 without the word balloons.

Does 184 get any extra love because of this?

Is it even worth discussing?

IMG_8651.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

I think it is cool even if none of that "other stuff" lol and thanks for posting! :x

On 9/4/2024 at 12:39 PM, gadzukes said:

I was just looking thru some of my Hulks and noticed in Hulk 185 the "Letters page" discussion is about Hulk 181 (which is kind of fun to read fans first reactions to what would become such a major Marvel Character).

In the midst of the letters page are 2 panels with Wolvie.  Is this something that fandom has overlooked?  Possibly 4th appearance of Wolverine???

The bigger panel is the famous Splash page from 181 without the word balloons.

Does 184 get any extra love because of this?

Is it even worth discussing?

IMG_8651.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

I doubt anyone would count this as an appearance, but if you're a fan of Wolverine then it's something to have in your collection, much like the in-house ads for 181 found in Daredevil 115, Thor 229 & Marvel Premiere 119.

20220522_132315.thumb.jpg.e77e8281ab480b63c13763aa724a184f.jpg

On 9/4/2024 at 1:00 PM, grendelbo said:

I doubt anyone would count this as an appearance, but if you're a fan of Wolverine then it's something to have in your collection, much like the in-house ads for 181 found in Daredevil 115, Thor 229 & Marvel Premiere 119.

20220522_132315.thumb.jpg.e77e8281ab480b63c13763aa724a184f.jpg

Should be big enough print within the pic, to read, especially if you're on a handheld to zoom, zoom, zoom lol 

3206904_Full_Obv.jpg?t=Ni8yLzIwMjQgMToyM3206904_Full_Rev.jpg?t=Ni8yLzIwMjQgMToyM

On 9/4/2024 at 2:58 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Always worth exploring. Stopping to focus on the minutiae of individual comics is great fun! There's often more to mine from a book than the 17 or 20 pages of story! Lots of the action happens in the letters pages. 

George R R Martin agrees with you.

On 9/4/2024 at 2:58 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Lots of the action happens in the letters pages. 

Agreed! I recently posted about a letter from a young Frank Miller published in (Beware) The Cat #3 (I think) regarding the premier issue.

While I agree that these pix in the Hulk letter page don't count as an "appearance", I'm a fan of collecting early advertisement or in-house ads. Heck! My profile pic is an early in-house ad for the B&W Comico Grendel series. It was never published anywhere else and I consider that part of the original Grendels that I hold so dear. Same goes for Starslayer 1, as it had the advertisement for the Rocketeer who debuted the following issue. The registry even includes issue 1 as part of the Rocketeer Set.

I personally have two things I now need to do:

1) Thank @gadzukes for sharing this info. Thank you @gadzukes!

2) Purchase a nice copy of Hulk 184. Because now I want one. :takeit: