• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,749 posts in this topic

Nicola Scott looks great in pencil or regular ink, but her ink washed series Black Magic really shines. In this sequence, a tween witch has just relived the execution of her ancestors, and she doesn't take it well, as seen in a montage of panels, each of which tells a complete story. So expressive!

IhtYtiP.thumb.jpg.f8aa133b1443ec49d82e6d7352457a53.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 11:11 PM, RBerman said:

I got this David Mack cover six months ago (from Mack, at Dragon Con 2021) but was waiting to make sure it was published. It was the basis of the variant #1 cover for Bendis' new series Joy Operations.  The other piece he's holding is one that I bought on ComicLink a couple of years ago; he was kind enough to authenticate it for me, applying his special red stamp.

LrSxfG4.thumb.jpg.ddeb1d421ba4b38885b41d5810e8255a.jpgSohAgmH.thumb.jpg.3578abd6b4d508701a212ef295caf326.jpg

Those are beautiful. Congrats! Both of those works are great! I did not know he had a special stamp, that's cool.

I'm a huge Alias fan and have been following Mack since the that series. I own one of the covers from Alias, but I want to pick up pretty much every piece he makes as he's so good and these are no exception.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:56 PM, taro90 said:

Got this off the last Hake's auction.

Flash #141 (silver age), last page. Infantino and Giella

IMG_3975.thumb.JPG.c1808eb986fde3a2977ef360663b6747.JPG

A time piece involving "slum clearance".  A "handsome reward" helps build an apartment building for the little white kid playing with a baseball. And in just "a few days" construction starts!

Now all it has to do is rain gum drops and lolly pops to go with the nice art.

And that's really why they are called "comic" books.

I wanna be a kid again.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:39 PM, RBerman said:

Michael Turner and Joe Weems from Tomb Raider/Witchblade #1 (1997). I actually got it last fall but just got around to putting it on CAF tonight. No main characters, just a very detailed establishing shot.

faMGcyv.thumb.jpg.ae3f4554363c0bf50087a64ff786a6e3.jpg

I dont have too much of a frame of reference, but I have read things like the darkness. In that comparison it would seem a lot of detail gets lost in the colors they put on them ha!

That is descriptive inking, even zoomed in with thick and thin lines. :)

On 4/22/2022 at 8:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I dont have too much of a frame of reference, but I have read things like the darkness. In that comparison it would seem a lot of detail gets lost in the colors they put on them ha!

That is descriptive inking, even zoomed in with thick and thin lines. :)

I know exactly what you mean. This trend goes back at least as far as Arthur Adams' work on the X-Men Asgard story. He worked at  level of fine detail that the color processes simply weren't prepared to handle, resulting in a lot of block coloring that obscured the work. Modern coloring can be better, but I'm even happier just with black and white these days.

Howdy - so far most of my posts were  funny stuff like a Venom Cover, a silver age Batman strip or a Maleev Daredevil Cover so I decided to post some serious stuff this time.

Here you go - Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1 cover featuring the ultimate lethal Marvel Character “The Spectacular Spider-Ham”.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1812764