• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Still can’t afford an original art piece lol but did grab this prelim from Rob’s last WhatNot stream. Rob was my favorite artist growing up and New Mutants 87 was probably my favorite cover from the 90’s. Anyway, this prelim is for Cable issue 158 and love seeing it on the art wall! D8F8FF8F-5786-4807-8347-66AC0A397303.thumb.jpeg.d2f1d4be85feddab1261257f392fc12c.jpeg

On 4/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Still can’t afford an original art piece lol but did grab this prelim from Rob’s last WhatNot stream. Rob was my favorite artist growing up and New Mutants 87 was probably my favorite cover from the 90’s. Anyway, this prelim is for Cable issue 158 and love seeing it on the art wall! 

This is an original art piece!

In fact it's the original original art for this. Just because it's not the final published piece, don't mean it's not original.

It's awesome, enjoy it! I could go crazy on prelims, they're a really cool part of the process!

On 4/7/2023 at 6:51 PM, Twanj said:

This is an original art piece!

In fact it's the original original art for this. Just because it's not the final published piece, don't mean it's not original.

It's awesome, enjoy it! I could go crazy on prelims, they're a really cool part of the process!

Thanks a lot! And yes I agree these are really cool pieces…and for me personally I love to see art when it’s still in its pencil stage 👍

On 4/8/2023 at 10:17 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Cool Bagley was it commissioned from him recently. As I haven't heard him doing full commissions for awhile. And at cons he only does head shots.

It's signed by Stan Lee, so the latest it could be from is 2018

On 4/8/2023 at 4:17 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Cool Bagley was it commissioned from him recently. As I haven't heard him doing full commissions for awhile. And at cons he only does head shots.

It seems to be an unpublished cover, at least the title indicates this. 

I got this strip yesterday.  Thought I would mention a few items.  The description is posted below.  It mentions it is Matted to 24” x 19”.  What this actually means it the strip art is taped to a mat with non-archival masking tape.  The masking tape is very stiff but extremely adhered to the artwork.  I think any of the items HA is offering that has this mat could be taped to the mat in the same manner.

Anyone know a good restorer to talk to about getting the tape removed?

Several of the regular cast are present, the King, the Duke, Bung the Jester, and Sir Rodney. Created in ink over graphite on Bristol board with an image area of 19.5" x 13". The board has been scored and folded between the tiers to allow mailing to the syndicate. Signed by writer/creator Johnny Hart and artist Brant Parker in the first panel. Matted to 24" x 19". In Excellent condition.

5B315279-BD04-4488-B7B1-4D8BFCD52518.jpeg

On 4/20/2023 at 3:45 PM, batman_fan said:

I got this strip yesterday.  Thought I would mention a few items.  The description is posted below.  It mentions it is Matted to 24” x 19”.  What this actually means it the strip art is taped to a mat with non-archival masking tape.  The masking tape is very stiff but extremely adhered to the artwork.  I think any of the items HA is offering that has this mat could be taped to the mat in the same manner.

Anyone know a good restorer to talk to about getting the tape removed?

Several of the regular cast are present, the King, the Duke, Bung the Jester, and Sir Rodney. Created in ink over graphite on Bristol board with an image area of 19.5" x 13". The board has been scored and folded between the tiers to allow mailing to the syndicate. Signed by writer/creator Johnny Hart and artist Brant Parker in the first panel. Matted to 24" x 19". In Excellent condition.

5B315279-BD04-4488-B7B1-4D8BFCD52518.jpeg

GORDON G. CHRISTMAN

RESTORATION & CONSERVATION

330 SOUTH HORNE STREET APT L

OCEANSIDE CA 92054

1-760 458 2290

ggc2k@hotmail.com

He responds best to a phone call

On 4/22/2023 at 8:14 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Nice piece there I got a piece during that live op myself. I wonder why original owner let it go 

Not sure, it did go for a lot less than the initial price and the seller kept dropping the price when there wasn't initial interest in the buy it now price.