• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

Some more Edmond Baudoin... 

https://www.2dgalleries.com/art/baudoin-salade-nicoise-la-promenade-des-anglais-p06-199652
Baudoin was originally asked by Kodansha for their publication "Morning". He was part of the wave of French artists who were invited by this magazine...

btw the seller has quite an interesting Eisner collection...

https://www.2dgalleries.com/art/contract-with-god-cover-baronet-books-1978-92662
Apparently there's an upcoming exhibition at the Pompidou...

image.jpeg

Edited by fenip

On 4/29/2023 at 3:53 PM, Wolvie_Fan said:

Just got this massive beauty 20" x 30".  HUUUUUUGE!  Wolverine #21 cover By Adam Kubert

Wolvie 21 Cover.jpg

Even without seeing it colored, I'm guessing they're jumping into water to escape bullets?  That would be hard to draw, but that is looking good!

On 5/2/2023 at 5:43 PM, SuperBird said:

Chaos Knight by Ian Miller, 16x20. He has done some comic covers for Swamp Thing, but is mostly known for Warhammer artwork, and this illustration has been etched in my brain for decades. 

338393666_971432177180228_2441611222443193645_n.jpg

Where do you find these and are they pricey ? I’d love something my vampire related for my miniatures collection 

Forget Free Comic Book Day, we really need a Free Comic Book Art Day! To start it off, I offer, for your viewing pleasure, this freebie.

Okay, so it's not from a real comic, but it was free and it was done by a real comic artist Farel Dalrymple. He included it as a gift add-on to a Crowdfundr project.

Farel's comic book work includes the creator owned titles:
  1. Pop Gun War
  2. It Will All Hurt
  3. The Wrenchies
and more. They are all interesting in both story and art. The Wikipedia article has a longer list.

I call the piece Swamp Thing's Cousin (yeah, I'm a DC guy mostly, otherwise, he'd be Man-Thing's Cousin).
image.png.2363b15759e7aeed6f34ac375bbe8789.png

Edited by alxjhnsn

Busy weekend.

On Free Comic Book Day, commonly known as the first Saturday in May, I received a Kickstarter perk from Thom Zahler Cartooning. It's a page from the recent Love and Capes - Home for the Holidays. In this piece, you will find an image of myself and my bride. Can you find us? The answer is in the Additional Images.

Click for a bigger image.

image.thumb.jpeg.99ac3f2d5d5824555f0d3b2896aedb21.jpeg

Two more to come. :)

Edited by alxjhnsn