• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,749 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2023 at 7:29 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm not sure how many babe-centric Space Pirate artworks I can even find, but I'll be looking for #2 to *officially* make it a collecting focus. lol

I can think of a few. Here's one:
image.thumb.png.5d85fc8ee8c46cfbab75b0373469302a.png

Here's another

image.png.e5326446151092c226ae50c45336b755.png

Have fun!

My friend Michael was working Dallas Fan Expo for Bedrock City Comic Co. and he stumbled upon (no not literally) a dealer who had three Katy Keene pages for sale for cheap.

Sadly, not as cheaply as I can be sometimes. To my regret, I only bought one, but it's a nice one. It's between today's standard size (11x17) and that of yesterday (15x22) at 13.375x19.5x and therefore quite large which is nice. It has a few notes and no white out as well.

Just a nice solid page by Woggon's studio and maybe by Bill himself (he signed the story, but ...).

I really like the change in lettering for the tale within the tale.

Oh, the other two pages are in the Additional Images section of the CAF link. https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=193006
8image.thumb.jpeg.bc29d2d0be3aed7df2c1b88ee40f67c9.jpeg

On 6/13/2023 at 12:04 PM, alxjhnsn said:
My friend Michael was working Dallas Fan Expo for Bedrock City Comic Co. and he stumbled upon (no not literally) a dealer who had three Katy Keene pages for sale for cheap.

Sadly, not as cheaply as I can be sometimes. To my regret, I only bought one, but it's a nice one. It's between today's standard size (11x17) and that of yesterday (15x22) at 13.375x19.5x and therefore quite large which is nice. It has a few notes and no white out as well.

Just a nice solid page by Woggon's studio and maybe by Bill himself (he signed the story, but ...).

I really like the change in lettering for the tale within the tale.

Oh, the other two pages are in the Additional Images section of the CAF link. https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=193006
8image.thumb.jpeg.bc29d2d0be3aed7df2c1b88ee40f67c9.jpeg

The jungle panels at the bottom are great!

Immensely please to add this piece from the recent Unstoppable Doom Patrol #1 by Chris Burnham to the collection. I've been enjoying the series a lot as a DP fan, and thought this one featuring the OG team plus new member Beast Girl was a fun one to get. Especially with it being my first double-page-spread! 

PXL_20230614_211008797.jpg

Here are my two new additions:

Andy Kubert -Walmart 100 Page Giant # 6 page 1. I really liked this series for the most part. This page was from one of my favorite issues from Tom's 12. It's signed by the creative team(Tom King, Andy Kubert and Sandra Hope). It features Superman on every panel and it's the title page as well. Really happy to get this.

Second one was a recreation of All-Star Superman # 10 page by Greg Woronchak. I have loved this page since I first read it. I know that Chip Kidd owns the entire issue and made his own Artist Edition of it as well. I know that I would never own the original so i went with the next best thing. I have it framed in my classroom at school. 

sup.jpg

alst.jpg

Starting the chain of reveals featuring my HeroesCon 2023 purchases! Here's a piece that I'm particularly pleased to have.

Ma Hunkel by Mike Kunkel.

Mike is the creator of "Herobear and the Kid." If you haven't read it, you are missing a treat.

image.thumb.jpeg.d1072c5ed3e05f1a782d88a079357b10.jpeg

Here's something never seen before! :)
----
Part 2 of my HeroesCon Art purchases Poor Alan Davis, each time we have met, I've asked him to draw something other than his norm.

Last time, it was for my Artist's Choice sketchbook where they draw what they want and tell me why they drew that.

This time? I had him update my Sheldon Mayer sketchbook. In it, the artist does his take on one of Sheldon Mayer's characters, e.g., Scribbly, Sugar and Spike, and pretty much all of DC's catalog.

He chose the kids based on my S&S 91 cover art. Enjoy. https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1933085
image.thumb.jpeg.f3d8fe641b96772c9915962d2dc1a014.jpeg
Regards,

Number 3 of how many? I really should count to give fair warning. :)

---
Bobby Timony recently did the DC League of Super-Pets graphic novel so I did the obvious and had him draw the original Legion of Super-Pets.

01 - Timony, Bobby - Legion of Super-Pets.jpeg

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 6/26/2023 at 9:55 PM, JadeGiant said:

Godzilla page #2 in the collection finally acquired. Next on the wish list: Trimpe Shogun Warriors. 

I loved this story and thrilled to have a page from it

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1928297

1979 Godzilla King of the Monsters Issue 18 Page 30 by Herb Trimpe and Dan Green Comic Art

This must have inspired this episode of the cartoon (about 2mins 30 in)

Edited by Garf