• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

I posted this in the WonderCon report thread in Comics - Events, but here it is for the OA fans that might not wander into those boards...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With some much appreciated advice from Paris Fred and Jeffreykli, I bought my first ever Jack Kirby OA yesterday at WonderCon. It's a page from an obscure 1971 DC published magazine called Spirit World. It is probably the most oddball (and therefore least expensive) Kirby page one could ever hope to find. I'll have a full con report in the next day or two. I am in comic heaven right now! cloud9.gif

Kirby%20Spirit%20World-sm.jpg

I agree... that's great stuff. And panel 2 isn't a typical Kirby panel either. I prefer this to some run of the mill hero page.

I agree - I like this compared to the lesser superhero stuff he did. You picked up a really,really nice piece.

Hey guys,

I actually got these pages in the middle of last month, but this is the first chance I've had to post them. As you guys probably know (if I haven't bugged everybody about it enough), I've been looking for some pages from Superman: Red Son for the past several months. Its a great story - if you haven't read it - do yourself a favor and pick it up. These are my first two pages from the series - Issue 33 p. 41 and issue #3 p.42 - the Death and funeral of President Luthor (Pencils by Killian Plunkett and inks by Walden Wong). If you have an eagle eye you might be able to spot the Green Lantern ring on President Luthor's hand in the final panel of p.41 smile.gif. I received them in a trade with Walden Wong, and he was absolutely great to deal with. I'm looking for any other pages from the series, so if you have any you want to sell/trade or have any info as to where I could find some, please let me know! - Keith

redson419kl.jpg

redson427tr.jpg

Hey guys,

I actually got these pages in the middle of last month, but this is the first chance I've had to post them. As you guys probably know (if I haven't bugged everybody about it enough), I've been looking for some pages from Superman: Red Son for the past several months. Its a great story - if you haven't read it - do yourself a favor and pick it up. These are my first two pages from the series - Issue 33 p. 41 and issue #3 p.42 - the Death and funeral of President Luthor (Pencils by Killian Plunkett and inks by Walden Wong). If you have an eagle eye you might be able to spot the Green Lantern ring on President Luthor's hand in the final panel of p.41 smile.gif. I received them in a trade with Walden Wong, and he was absolutely great to deal with. I'm looking for any other pages from the series, so if you have any you want to sell/trade or have any info as to where I could find some, please let me know! - Keith

Dam

I want first crack if you ever decide to sell

It's kind of esoteric if you're not familiar with The Authority, but this is a page from a recent issue where the character Jenny Quantum (the spirit of the 21st century) visits a dimension where she meets all of her predecessors. Jenny Sparks, the Jenny with the union jack shirt, is one of those predecessors and I like to pick up pages that feature her when I can. The Authority is really the series that got me going back into the LCS every week instead of cherry picking and tradewaiting (partially because I got a kick out of her as a character) so it's a natural sub-quest.

I got these in the mail yesterday in a great trade with Matt Hull.

manofsteel123page3.jpg

and

youngjusticeonemillionpage15.jpg

On this page, Robin and Superboy actually swapped places. They were originally drawn in each other's place and then there was some paste up paper put over them and they were redrawn for some reason. I think things like that that are only visible on the original art but not the printed comic are neat.