• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Hey guys -

Here's my latest pickup. The first four pages to the first issue of the new Jonah Hex series.

A nice little contained story by penciller Luke Ross. They are going to look great framed in sequence on my wall. smile.gif

Got these from Spencer at the NYCcon. I picked up a few other things too - check the link to my CAF gallery below.

-m

qqviw0.jpg

qqvj8x.jpg

qqvjbc.jpg

qqvjh1.jpg

Hey guys -

Here's my latest pickup. The first four pages to the first issue of the new Jonah Hex series.

A nice little contained story by penciller Luke Ross. They are going to look great framed in sequence on my wall. smile.gif

Got these from Spencer at the NYCcon. I picked up a few other things too - check the link to my CAF gallery below.

-m

qqviw0.jpg

qqvj8x.jpg

qqvjbc.jpg

qqvjh1.jpg

So friggin' sweet! I can't wait until he gets the Ross section on his site up and running. Its gonna hard to make it until 3/27 when he's taking orders again...

So friggin' sweet! I can't wait until he gets the Ross section on his site up and running. Its gonna hard to make it until 3/27 when he's taking orders again...

I may have picked up the best of the lot already - but there are still a couple of really nice splashes left. And there's plenty of panel pages to choose from. I may have to go back for seconds. grin.gif

Here's my best pickup from my short stay at the NYC Con. This is the splash from issue 10 of Ex Machina, the climax of the Tag story arc.

When Mitch says "kill yourself" to a machine...duck.

ExMachina10p12.jpg

Edited by Solar

And finally, this isn't REALLY a sketch, but it's the closest to one that anybody got from McTodd at the NYC Con. Thanks to Kris "thecollector" for his help in hooking this up:

mcfarlane.jpg

Edited by Solar

That Bolland Commission I had done at the end of 2005 really stuck with me as a general idea so I turned it into a theme of commissions....here is the latest.

Red Skull's Trophy Wall...David Michael Beck

I posted this to my CAF last night but want to show it to my CGC board friends.

This came from David Michael Beck through Scott at Catskill comics. Both of them were great to deal with and the piece blows me away.

To see the others in the theme you can look on my CAF or at my Web Site

So far the theme has been fun and the artists have done beyond all my expectations.

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

I love the fact that you're turned it into a commission theme.

Thanks Rob...the general idea is just so adaptable and so fun it would have been hard to stop. Every artist I have spoken to has been excited to work on the idea. Everyone likes working on villains I guess. There are over a dozen more ideas in my head and artists to do them. Every once in a while I get an email from my art collecting friends fronting their ideas for the theme, so those are in the hopper too.

This is one of the most fun things I have done in art collecting.

Best,

Chris

I love the fact that you're turned it into a commission theme.

Thanks Rob...the general idea is just so adaptable and so fun it would have been hard to stop. Every artist I have spoken to has been excited to work on the idea. Everyone likes working on villains I guess. There are over a dozen more ideas in my head and artists to do them. Every once in a while I get an email from my art collecting friends fronting their ideas for the theme, so those are in the hopper too.

This is one of the most fun things I have done in art collecting.

I think it's a brilliant setup. The results speak to that as well, I think.

That Bolland Commission I had done at the end of 2005 really stuck with me as a general idea so I turned it into a theme of commissions....here is the latest.

Red Skull's Trophy Wall...David Michael Beck

I posted this to my CAF last night but want to show it to my CGC board friends.

This came from David Michael Beck through Scott at Catskill comics. Both of them were great to deal with and the piece blows me away.

To see the others in the theme you can look on my CAF or at my Web Site

So far the theme has been fun and the artists have done beyond all my expectations.

Best,

Chris Caira

www.hulk-smash.com

Great stuff Chris! I particularly like the perspective on this one, very dramatic.

I can't wait to see who's next! thumbsup2.gif