• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble brewing
4 4

14 posts in this topic

Very interesting.  So the competitors where trying give sub-grades to comics which begs the question what subgrades could comics have?  I guess they could break stuff out like 9.4 in centering, 9.6 in appearance, 9.4 page quality for a combined grade of 9.4.  

I think one of the lines he didn't mentions stated they were looking for over a million dollars in damages.

Edited by 1Cool

Super interesting and this has the potential to delay the launch of PSA's comic grading. 

It is not mentioned anywhere, and I doubt it will be either way, but I am wondering whether the promise of having all of that insider info on sub-grades helped him get the head grader job to being with. Proprietary info is really valuable and can save large development costs for a startup. 

On 9/17/2024 at 12:45 PM, B3AST said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Wilson the father of the guys the run Collectors Comics?

and Dave is not happy. Wasn't enough that his first video was referenced to in the filing. His 2nd will probably as well and contains a lot of conflicting statements

Edited by Poka

On 9/17/2024 at 5:11 AM, Poka said:

and Dave is not happy. Wasn't enough that his first video was referenced to in the filing. His 2nd will probably as well and contains a lot of conflicting statements

I saw his first video after I posted last night. Seems like a lawsuit that could go either way, depending on more details.

On 9/17/2024 at 3:31 PM, Stefan_W said:

:popcorn:

capture.jpg

Is it me, or does that guy look like Lev from Armageddon?

CwC11l.gif

THIS IS HOW WE GRADE BOOKS ON RUSSIAN SPACE STATION