• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books Scheduled For Grading over 3 weeks

15 posts in this topic

Just wanted to check in on the status of this order. Submission received on 8/28 when TAT was 14 days. I understand that TAT is an estimate but it has continuously gone up since they were received and is now at 28 days. If I knew turnaround times would double in the time that my package was sent, i would have held onto my books for Baltimore Comic Con. Can you provide those of us waiting with more accurate estimates or will turnaround times continue to increase while those of us who submitted will continue to get pushed to the bottom of the pile.

Submission #4486222

Order #: CGC5412020254
Received: 8/28/24

• Administrator

Hello! 

Thanks for contacting us! We understand turnaround times are an important aspect to give our customers the best estimate of when their submissions will be completed. As you know these are estimates only based on what we have in house at that time and can be affected by several different scenarios (like shows, on site grading opportunities and even supply issues). Due to a higher-than-normal amount of submissions and that we are just coming back from an on site grading show, some tiers of service may experience long turnaround times. I am sorry for the delay this will cause. Thanks for your patience! 

Same boat here @LazyEyeComics (though one of mine was entered on 8/14 and another submission was entered on the 26th-both modern and both sat for a few days before being entered). Like you I jumped on the 14 day turn around which would have comfortably beat a couple cons with some buffer-built in...I'm now past the current 28-day TAT mark on my first. In the past, the TAT was reasonably accurate for my submissions....I've got a couple high value books I was thinking about submitting but fear these delays are indicating that something is going on within the walls of CGC so I may hesitate until things sort out.

Edited by Denny6651

On 9/23/2024 at 2:52 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello! 

Thanks for contacting us! We understand turnaround times are an important aspect to give our customers the best estimate of when their submissions will be completed. As you know these are estimates only based on what we have in house at that time and can be affected by several different scenarios (like shows, on site grading opportunities and even supply issues). Due to a higher-than-normal amount of submissions and that we are just coming back from an on site grading show, some tiers of service may experience long turnaround times. I am sorry for the delay this will cause. Thanks for your patience! 

are you able to give me an estimate on how long this delay should take? It's pretty disheartening to see stuff already graded from the Rob Liefeld signing two weeks ago, yet I'm waiting on books that were delivered near 4 weeks ago. The end of this week will make 20 business days and next week will make 25 business days. thats almost twice the amount of time estimated and something needs to be done, sorry isn't fair to those of us who are sitting at the bottom of the pile due to on higher than normal amount of submissions, on site grading and your in house signing events. I'd like to know if those of us who submitted and are past our estimated turnaround time are put even further down the list when people utilize fast track. There needs to be more transparency about TAT more than it's an estimate. Would've just held onto my books if that was the case.

@LazyEyeComics @Denny6651
ehh not to worry either of you, but i had one that was submitted end of July Fast Track, and back on Sept 6th i was looking for an update and was not responded to

i never got the book, but outside of CGC, between me and my vendor i was made whole... was told they had books that were even longer held up....

On 9/24/2024 at 12:23 AM, forbiddenwon said:

@LazyEyeComics @Denny6651
ehh not to worry either of you, but i had one that was submitted end of July Fast Track, and back on Sept 6th i was looking for an update and was not responded to

i never got the book, but outside of CGC, between me and my vendor i was made whole... was told they had books that were even longer held up....

and this is what scares me man. I haven't had any books lost before but definitely have some stuff damaged. I submitted in august thinkin I would have them back before NYCC and now that honestly looks like a longshot. TAT are going up each day that books sit there and CGC is offering no solution besides a sorry. 

A quick update from me (again I had 2 modern submissions as shared above). I looks like my submission that was entered on 8/26 has a status of "Grading/Encapsulation/Imagine" as of this morning. The other submission entered on 8/14 is still "Scheduled for Grading". I'd have to guess that one must be ready for action soon as well since it has been there longer? Will keep you posted but though I'd share the news...

For me today is business day 29. Received Aug 13.   Order number 4477892.   On top of that, one of the three books was misidentified when they logged it in upon receipt and so I have that stress of wondering if they lost my book, swapped it with somebody else’s book, fat thumbed the keyboard?   I don’t know …. Customer service said they would fix it upon grading … but now it’s day 29 … and ya, I’m a little stressed and am completely sympathetic to the cause here.

• Administrator
On 9/24/2024 at 2:52 PM, Ed Monroe said:

For me today is business day 29. Received Aug 13.   Order number 4477892.   On top of that, one of the three books was misidentified when they logged it in upon receipt and so I have that stress of wondering if they lost my book, swapped it with somebody else’s book, fat thumbed the keyboard?   I don’t know …. Customer service said they would fix it upon grading … but now it’s day 29 … and ya, I’m a little stressed and am completely sympathetic to the cause here.

Hello,

This submission is for an in house private signing.  I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. This signing has not yet taken place. The cutoff dates we have for signing submissions are scheduled weeks or months in advance to allow our team ample time to prepare for the signing. Once your order has been signed then it will begin its 6/8 week estimated turnaround time. Please note however we do not make the signing dates public knowledge until after the event has taken place. This is to allow for if the signing needs to be postponed for any reason. Rest assured until then your order is being stored in our climate controlled safe. Thank you so much for your patience. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you!

• Administrator
On 9/23/2024 at 5:02 PM, Denny6651 said:

Same boat here @LazyEyeComics (though one of mine was entered on 8/14 and another submission was entered on the 26th-both modern and both sat for a few days before being entered). Like you I jumped on the 14 day turn around which would have comfortably beat a couple cons with some buffer-built in...I'm now past the current 28-day TAT mark on my first. In the past, the TAT was reasonably accurate for my submissions....I've got a couple high value books I was thinking about submitting but fear these delays are indicating that something is going on within the walls of CGC so I may hesitate until things sort out.

Hello @Denny6651,

Great news! This order moved to encapsulation today. Thanks for your patience! 

On 9/24/2024 at 12:50 PM, Denny6651 said:

A quick update from me (again I had 2 modern submissions as shared above). I looks like my submission that was entered on 8/26 has a status of "Grading/Encapsulation/Imagine" as of this morning. The other submission entered on 8/14 is still "Scheduled for Grading". I'd have to guess that one must be ready for action soon as well since it has been there longer? Will keep you posted but though I'd share the news...

Thanks for the heads up. My books were delivered two days after yours so I hope mine start moving soon, they’re already behind schedule but I hope they’re delivered before NYCC. Ran into the same exact delays in September of 2022 with no on site grading. 

• Administrator
On 9/24/2024 at 7:06 PM, Denny6651 said:

Thanks @MattM CS! I do see that the newer submission (8/26th) is in the encapsulation stage but the submission that had been there a week or two longer (8/14) has not yet changed status, but I'll continue to keep an eye open.

Thanks again for the DM. Glad I was able to offer further insight. For any other questions about specific submissions and their status, feel free to contact our customer service team directly using the details below. 

Call or text (+1) 855-GRADE10 (855-472-3310)
Message and data rates may apply for text messages.
Service@CGCcomics.com