• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schadenfreude
2 2

17 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2024 at 8:55 AM, mister_not_so_nice said:

Maybe offer the new owner $12K?   He wins, you win and the other guy still gets what he deserves ^^

It's not a bad idea.  You can either reach out to Heritage to see if the winner would agree to sell it or try submitting an offer through the "Make an Offer" function.  Given that it just sold, personally I would reach out through Heritage first.

Thanks all. But at this point I've fully moved on from the piece. Sometimes it's something that you ALWAYS will still want, and sometimes a switch is flicked and you lose all interest. I'm in the no-interest camp right now. Otherwise, I agree, great idea. 

Edited by Fischb1

On 9/24/2024 at 8:48 AM, Fischb1 said:

Thanks all. But at this point I've fully moved on from the piece. Sometimes it's something that you ALWAYS will still want, and sometimes a switch is flicked and you lose all interest. I'm in the no-interest camp right now. Otherwise, I agree, great idea. 

I think the story has more value than the art now. Even getting the art at a discount, you'd be forever thinking of the negative associated with it, and probably never truly enjoy the piece in the way you would have had he taken your initial offer. 

And besides, anyone dissing 'space pages' is a dilettante at best anyway. I've seen your space pages, and I can sum it up in one way:

bikini-bounce.gif.08672b733b80b160d5cc7fa1b1af52b7.gif

On 9/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I think the story has more value than the art now. Even getting the art at a discount, you'd be forever thinking of the negative associated with it, and probably never truly enjoy the piece in the way you would have had he taken your initial offer. 

And besides, anyone dissing 'space pages' is a dilettante at best anyway. I've seen your space pages, and I can sum it up in one way:

Ah the gif that keeps on giving. And giving. And...I'll be right back. 

Thanks, Dr. B!