• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATTN: Andy Kubert X-Men Fans!

5 posts in this topic

Andy Kubert has a Kickstarter running at the moment, that has some good options for a nice hardcover, customised to your choice and budget priorities. It's been going for one week now, needed 10k to hit its target, and is currently over $250k!

Thought there'd be some Andy Kubert fans here who'd be furious if they only found out after it finished. There's some cool stuff on offer still (admittedly the best perks are long gone, but oh well) so check it out for yourself. It's devoted to his X-Men work, and makes you realise just how iconic the man's work truly is. What better way to celebrate it than this, truly set to your standards?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/essentialsequential/the-marvel-x-men-art-of-andy-kubert

Edited by Cat
Typo

On 9/25/2024 at 3:24 AM, aszumilo said:

Looks like it's only at $172k.  Still impressive.

image.thumb.png.791db44226fa7628f715dda791599bbc.png

I'm using dollarydoos. It's the new in-thing. 

Truthfully, I didn't know what currency it was using I assumed US. I bought a copy with a dustjacket, slipcase, and the door poster (scratching my head over that last one, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'm sure I can find a place for it). The items showed in US dollars, despite me assuming everything was in Aussie dollars, so despite pledges being listed as US, it showed me a converted total. Yet I still had no idea what currency the tally was in. I assumed USD, because why wouldn't it be? So you're telling me on an Australian version of an American site that the running total is listed in AU, pledges are listed in US, but if you buy anything it gets converted and purchased in AU?

I'm going cross-eyed here! 

Edited by Cat