• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MYSTERY SCIENE THEATER 3000 created by Joel Hodgson (1988 - present)

8 posts in this topic

A show that became a long-time fixation released across multiple networks (KTMA-TV - Minnesota, The Comedy Channel/Comedy Central, The Sci-Fi Channel, Netflix, Gizmoplex). And across 230 episodes this show covered so many B movies.

image.png.8b52cf040c293e8b020b581fbc875562.png

What's some of your favorite episodes?

I never even knew this film existed (Killer Fish) before seeing this episode on Netflix. Starring Lee Majors(pre-Six Million Dollar Man role), Karen Black, Margaux Hemingway, James Franciscus, and Roy Brocksmith (Dr. Edgemar from Total Recall). Atrocious!

And it's a real movie

I loved MST3K and I know what I am about to type is considered heresy to some but.... I much preferred Mike over Joel and supported the downloads when he (and the guys) created RiffTrax. I tried to watch the relaunched show that was kickstarted and on netflix but it was very much a pale imitation with Joel back at the helm writing.

One of the favorites around here.  My kids loved this show!  So many lines repeated around here in all kinds of contexts - probably third most often after IASIP and Futurama.  "She must be a goalie" and "No, I won't kill him/Then what are you going to do?/Kill him!" from Outlaw of Gor. Funniest 10 minutes ever.  "Well met, my friend.  This battle of wits is over."

Agreed about Mike and the NFLX show.  It had its moments but didn't reach the heights.