• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Night Nurse art?

33 posts in this topic

Bob Reilly is an MD here in Dallas. He collects mostly medical related pages and sketches. He has a really nice stash of Night Nurse stuff including the cover to #2.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=9370

yeah, he's who i was thinking of ....i just didn't want to name names.....i

that's really unfortunate. If he had listed them seperately I'd have had a shot at a few pages. Grouped together like that, someone way more strapped than I will end up with them.

I'd happily buy a page here or there off ya if someone here nabs em. =) I just want a nice page or two to go with the one I have.

that's really unfortunate. If he had listed them seperately I'd have had a shot at a few pages. Grouped together like that, someone way more strapped than I will end up with them.

I'd happily buy a page here or there off ya if someone here nabs em. =) I just want a nice page or two to go with the one I have.

I kinda wish he would have done that too. He probably could have made a lot more money.

How hard would it be to come across this stuff? I'm not much of a collector, but man, I love me some night nurse! cloud9.gif

i found it rather easy. almost all of them were bought from one person over a period of time.

i'm selling those pages in hopes that bob reilly buys them. my intent when i first started buying them was to bring the pieces back together, in total, but bob kept that from happening. kal el sara sara.

i could have sold them individually but after 6 years of buying on ebay i didnt want to make my first selling experience a multi piece multi auction event. and again, i hope bob buys them and puts them with the other pieces he has and has bought from me via heritage.

the reserve is, shall we say, significant. what i paid wasnt cheap and letting them go isnt exactly what i had in mind over the long term. but as the saying goes, everything has its price and if bob decides to buy them for my reserve or more, then im at a point where i just cant feel bad about letting them go.

the ironic thing for me is that i bought almost all those pages when i lived in dallas, as bob still does. so if they find the home i hope they do, then theyre together again, if not with me, and the money will go back into buying more of the esoteric 70's DC, Marvel, Charlton and Atlas, i dig.

happy new year everyone.

and heres hoping any night nurse you need........... forget it, im not gonna go there. 27_laughing.gif

shwwwing

john

Did you contact Bob before putting them up?

BTW, I sent him an email with a link to the auction.

no, i didnt know any specifics about him until someone contacted me via the auction.

youre the second person to say youve emailed him about the auction.

much appreciated.

jn

no, i didnt know any specifics about him until someone contacted me via the auction.

much appreciated.

jn

Bob is a very good friend of mine, and he's aware of the auction. He's not the kind of guy that'll bid a crazy amount just to get them, since he has so many already, so I guess it'll depend on how high this "significant" reserve is.

Welcome to the boards.

Heh, by the sound of all this talk, I'll just relax and enjoy my one page. =)

Yeah, frankly I don't understand what the appeal is either confused-smiley-013.gif

I find it hard to explain myself, and here I am wanting more. =)

much appreciated.

jn

Bob is a very good friend of mine, and he's aware of the auction. He's not the kind of guy that'll bid a crazy amount just to get them, since he has so many already, so I guess it'll depend on how high this "significant" reserve is.

Welcome to the boards.

well the number as a whole is big. but the per page average isnt any thing i consider over the top. if they sell i'll be ok with it and if they don't i'll just wait some more. thats the beautiful thing about art vs. books. there's only one item to fill the order with. original art beats land, as long as you can find your buyer smile.gif