• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Night Nurse art?

33 posts in this topic

Did you contact Bob before putting them up?

BTW, I sent him an email with a link to the auction.

no, i didnt know any specifics about him until someone contacted me via the auction.

youre the second person to say youve emailed him about the auction.

much appreciated.

jn

Bob is a very good friend of mine, and he's aware of the auction. He's not the kind of guy that'll bid a crazy amount just to get them, since he has so many already, so I guess it'll depend on how high this "significant" reserve is.

Welcome to the boards.

well the number as a whole is big. but the per page average isnt any thing i consider over the top. if they sell i'll be ok with it and if they don't i'll just wait some more. thats the beautiful thing about art vs. books. there's only one item to fill the order with. original art beats land, as long as you can find your buyer smile.gif

So true. Of course not only do you have to find your buyer, but you have to find him at the right time (when he has the cash). That's where ebay hurts sellers, and why Heritage and their kind do so well.

Somehow I figured 4k was the reserve. Any chance the winner is the guy all have been speaking of?

I think so. I think that's his ebay handle, but I can't remember for sure.

yeah, its bob. nice guy, makes letting them go worth it. well that and 4k 27_laughing.gif.

its amazing how small the world is. not only did we both live in dallas when i bought all these pages, but he lives about 5 minutes away from where i did at the time.

hm, any idea why I would be offered a Second Chance Offer on this at my $1200 offer when this had a 4k reserve?

Seems awfully fishy to me.

just fyi and so its said in public. that was NOT me that sent you that second chance offer. i didnt send ANYONE a sco. bob has paid me and the pages are on the way to him.

im sure the post regarding the phishing scam has some validity to it. but bobs the owner of them now and will be in possession of them before mid week at the latest.