• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milehigh ll

47 posts in this topic

Sorry, I'm not computer savy enough to post the link, but go to Milehighcomics.com and click on the "Tales from th Database" Link and you will find a list of articles. There you can read about the discovery of the MH2 collection and then you can finish it as it is ongoing in CBG. It's eloquently written by Chuck in his "I saved the comic world" manner.

And, yes, there are tons of copies out of the MH2 collection out there.

Chris

I mean, isn't this a warehouse find? Can a warehouse find be a pedigree?

Looked it up

Pedigree: a book from a famous collection.

This wasn't a collection, it was a warehouse filled with comics. mad.gif

Edgar Church? (Mile High 1) Now, that was a collection. smirk.gif

is there any reason why CGC doesn't recognize this pedigree?

This collection is not a pedigree but a warehouse find. A pedigree collection is a single owner collection purchased directly of the newstand.

It kind of is a "infamous"collection according to the Milehigh ll "Tales from the data base" {Thanks Chris great read} And the dude that "collected" them all basically put away all the comics that weren't sent back to the publisher"scammed" regardless quite the story. And it really makes you think about threads what if there is a box of silver surfer 1's or Hulk 181 etc from a simular circumstance of that type of hoarding. Tyler

Your comment reminds me of one year at Wondercon in Oakland CA about 6-8 years ago when a guy showed up with a stack of about 200 Hulk 181's. He wanted $300 a piece. This was long before CGC, but they were all quite nice.

As far as Mile High II, it is a warehouse find. In his articles on these comics in CBG, Chuck Rozanski mentions that there were some 12 cent comics where a hundred or more of the same issue were in the collection (I can't find the actual article where he mentions this, but it was early in the series in CBG). He doesn't mention what book ofcourse.

Chuck Rozanski mentions that there were some 12 cent comics where a hundred or more of the same issue were in the collection (I can't find the actual article where he mentions this, but it was early in the series in CBG). He doesn't mention what book ofcourse.

We have talked at length about the MH2 collection on the boards. Rather than 100's some books were there in the 1000's. One book is reported to have had 17,000 copies, consensus has it to be a Thor issue (maybe #156).

One book Chuck mentions specifically, when he first got a look at the books, is X-Men Annual #1 - he opened a box FULL of them, all in unread condition.

The collection is/was indeed massive, but there were certainly more of some books than others (Thor #156 is a good example, as is Thor #132).

-Jeff

If Chuck really did swear an oath at the MH1 find that he would do anything he could to further advance comics collecting as an industry, he should destroy the abundant multiples of the very valuable issues.

huh.gif

ah.gifah.gifah.gif

Speaking as a collector, I have to ask ... what exactly are you smoking?

lynchstill.gif

I purchased several Mile High II books and was not impressed with them, in contrast to the same books slabbed in the same grade. No key issues to speak of, all older .12 cent to .15 cent Marvels. All had off-white pages. I sold them off as my versions of these books were nicer. The price was great, because of the certificate, this adds a formality folks like I suppose.

I've been very underwhelmed by the MH2 books I own. I've got a total of just over 30, about half of them were bought from him directly in the early 90's as "NM/M". Most were VF. I've gotten a couple solid NM ASMs from the MH2 but it's been sort of hit and miss with the MH2 collection. By NO MEANS is the entire collection NM, I would waiger that not even half of it is NM.

Brian

If Chuck really did swear an oath at the MH1 find that he would do anything he could to further advance comics collecting as an industry, he should destroy the abundant multiples of the very valuable issues.

And this would be good because?