• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blatant and Obvious Ebay Shill

6 posts in this topic

On Sept.22nd, a Spiderman 3 in CGC blue VF+ 8.5 (and a HIGH end 8.5 at that), item #714282881 auctioned at $2150.00

NOW, there's a Spiderman 3 in CGC blue F/VF 7.0 that even though you can barely discern detail from the small scan, you can still see defects and rounded corners indicative of fine to fine+ books, item #718616354, has already acheived a high bid of $1525 with over FOUR HOURS TO GO!! Anyone ever HEAR of a #3 in F/VF going for more than $1200??? What happened? Mid to mid-high grade books are HOT now? When did that happen? In THAT case, EVERYTHING F to F/VF on Ebay should be HOT as a pistol!!! 41 bids? The 8.5 only received 16.

The seller is located in Germany, from his feedback, DOES NOT SELL COMICS on any type of regular basis, has 2 negatives, and there's TWO low feedback bidders who DON'T buy comics, vying for this book, pushing the bid higher and higher???? YEAH!!!! I believe it.

What a coincidence, so obvious a shill and floor show auction on the same book in the same grade I auctioned the SAME week, unslabbed. How high are you guys going to let it go, $3000? Why not, what the hell? You've already pushed WAY beyond the realm of believability.

I will never understand what's so difficult about posting a link. it smooths the path to conversation

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=718616354

Anyway, it definitely does look like silvermarvel got taken for a ride. If you look at the bids, his bid on Sep-28-02 19:32:47 PDT took the auction pretty deep. It'll be interesting to see what that number is once the smoke clears...