Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

win some, lose some

7 posts in this topic

just sold my slabbed deadly hands #2 9.2 for $29.99.... unfortunately, i paid $38 (guide) for it. seemed reasonable at the time for a slabbed 9.2.

i guess i got it 6-9 months ago and the moment i got it i wanted to get rid of it because that darn cgc magazine case is too frigging large it didn't fit in my boxes! it was always getting in the way. so, i lost $10-$12 in the process, but at least i don't have that oversized slab getting in the way (I suppose if you have a big collection of cgc'd mags it's different, you'd have boxes that fit them)

made up for that loss with a nice $200 profit on a slabbed GA book i bought a couple of years ago

Aside from the fact that I'm a cheap SOB and don't want to spend $10 + s/h on a box to house a comic that is apparently only worth $30, I only had one CGC magazine. It would be lonely in the box. Plus, I only have enough square inches in my apartment for exactly the number of boxes I already have. I, literally, can't add another box. I have six in the living room my wife yells at my about every day. The closet is about to bust loose with boxes.

I have plenty of regular magazine boxes (my preferred storage method for comics and magazines alike), but the slab didn't fit in them like regular cgc books do.

Yeah, that's the problem with the slabbed Mags. You need the CGC Mag Box. Or Library Magazine Archive Box, I think. You know, far as space is concerned. I don't know how you store your comics or magazines but you could go with a Full Back Type Backing Board and Double Bag. That cuts quite a bit of space down and would probably free up a box or 2 for disposal. Unless you have like 40 of them. In which case, 3 or 4. grin.gif

just sold my slabbed deadly hands #2 9.2 for $29.99.... unfortunately, i paid $38 (guide) for it. seemed reasonable at the time for a slabbed 9.2.

i guess i got it 6-9 months ago and the moment i got it i wanted to get rid of it because that darn cgc magazine case is too frigging large it didn't fit in my boxes! it was always getting in the way. so, i lost $10-$12 in the process, but at least i don't have that oversized slab getting in the way (I suppose if you have a big collection of cgc'd mags it's different, you'd have boxes that fit them)

made up for that loss with a nice $200 profit on a slabbed GA book i bought a couple of years ago

I got tired of my oversized slabbed 9.4 Creepy 27 hanging around so I tried to sell it. As soon as it became apparent that I wasn't going to make my money back, I cracked it out and added it to the rest of my mags. Why didn't you just bust it out? It was only $30. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ha! I just ordered my first mag-sized FBs and Mylites from Russ the other day, but you just convinced me not to send a handful of mags i was considering slabbing into CGC. 27_laughing.gif

well, i was hoping it would get bid up and i'd get my money back. the buyer was clearly willing to pay more as he bid twice but the bid stayed at the opening bid... if only someone else had gotten in on the action! oh well, a shiller I ain't. that's why i like to sell fixed price when possible.