• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this seem odd to you?

18 posts in this topic

I just sold this book:

Silver Surfer #2 signed by Gene Colan FN+

And if you check who it was won by, you will notice something interesting - it looks like it was bought by Gene Colan.

Also, the paypal name of the person who paid is also Eugene Colan.

Plus the web site listed on his auctions lead directly to www.genecolan.com

Does this seem odd to anyone else that he would buy this book from me? gossip.gif

Maybe he wants to give a verified sig to a relative....maybe he thought it was easier to buy an already encased example then have to do it himself, maybe it is to hang in the office, maybe he doesn't have his own copy of the book etc etc I think there are many reasons why buying yours' would be appealing. thumbsup2.gif

Ignore all my comments except for not having a copy. I didn't notice it wasn't slabbed. foreheadslap.gif

Maybe he wants to give a verified sig to a relative....maybe he thought it was easier to buy an already encased example then have to do it himself, maybe it is to hang in the office, maybe he doesn't have his own copy of the book etc etc I think there are many reasons why buying yours' would be appealing. thumbsup2.gif

It's not an SS book, it's a raw book.

It's possible he doesn't have a copy of it, but it seems a pretty steep price to pay for a FN+

Sounds like a fraud to me, the perpetrator set up a dummy trace to make it seem legit. You'll get a charge back in a week or so. poke2.gif

Seriously, that's peculiar. He could easily enough get a copy and sign it himself. Is his health okay? Perhaps it's not Gene, but rather some fanatic?

Sounds like a fraud to me, the perpetrator set up a dummy trace to make it seem legit. You'll get a charge back in a week or so. poke2.gif

Seriously, that's peculiar. He could easily enough get a copy and sign it himself. Is his health okay? Perhaps it's not Gene, but rather some fanatic?

He is selling Gene Colan art, and has a link to his own web site.

This is freaky. I'm worried that he is one of those artists that hates it when someone tries to capitalize on his signature to make a profit. I really hope I don't get negged here. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

To answer your question: Yes, absolutely!

The only thing to do now is Google how many Gene Colans there are in the internet-universe and somehow contrive a way to get them all to do the same inks and lines for a re-boot of Daredevil....

893applaud-thumb.gif

Larry

I just sold this book:

Silver Surfer #2 signed by Gene Colan FN+

And if you check who it was won by, you will notice something interesting - it looks like it was bought by Gene Colan.

Also, the paypal name of the person who paid is also Eugene Colan.

Plus the web site listed on his auctions lead directly to www.genecolan.com

Does this seem odd to anyone else that he would buy this book from me? gossip.gif

It seems odd that anyone would buy a book from you whether it's Gene Colan or not poke2.gif

This is freaky. I'm worried that he is one of those artists that hates it when someone tries to capitalize on his signature to make a profit. I really hope I don't get negged here. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

There are actually a number of minor celebrities (and their family members) that buy up their own signed items to take them off the market -- I've seen it before several times. Whether this is the case here, I don't know.

In any case, I highly doubt you'll get negged for it.