• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two GA Action Comics for your grading pleasure !!

31 posts in this topic

Very Nice.....

It looks like the boards nailed the CGC grade pretty close,

and hit the PGX grade pretty hard. Do you agree with the PGX grade, or do you think it was a bit generous.

Thanks

AGAIN,

VERY NICE BOOKS

well, to be quite honest, I thought the #66 should have gotten anywhere from a 6.0/7.0, I was a bit surprised when a few members pegged it as a 4.0/5.0, the colors are very vibrant, and it hardly has any edge wear,.. the only problems it has is the staple tear at the middle (only) staple and the top edge corners have wear, and the back cover has some moderate dirt, I've got another 7.0 GA book, and it is very comparible to this #66, but I think PGX may have overgraded it by 1.0 or .5 points.

on the CGC Action #46, I was really worried just how much the slight staple tears on this book would bring it down. it is definitely the "freshest" GA book I've seen in person, very white from cover to cover, so I knew (hoped) that it would come back with WHITE pages, I just wasn't sure of the number grade CGC would give it, 8.5 makes it the second highest graded copy of this issue..(currently one higher in 9.0),

Wow, great results! The 46 is definitely a keeper. To find an Action under issue 50 in that grade with white pages is a great find. hail.gif

The 66 does look a bit overgraded, but hey I'd take it thumbsup2.gif

I'm glad to see my opinion on the #46 was solid, but in retrospect I was probably a bit harsh with the 4.5/5.0 estimatation of the #66. Perhaps I was feeling less charitable because I'd just gotten an 3.5 graded All-Winners back from CGC that I was sure was a solid 4.0, and possible 4.5. Still, I don't see a 7.5 on the Action #66. A nicer than average mid-grade copy for sure, but I really have to wonder about PGX's Golden Age curve.

How can PGX still be in business? Seriously, they are horrible. I mean absolutely no disrespect to you thedude, but I couldn't see going above 6.0 on that #66. Still, you made out pretty well! hail.gif