• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something wrong here?

21 posts in this topic

It's a complete fraud, the same fraudster has another account but the same MO selling a superman 3 nova scotia which he altered the scan from an 8.0 to an 8.5 but at least in that one he remembered to add the + after the VF (in this one he forgot or just didn't bother):

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1056677

In both scams he created two shill accounts where he gives himself two recent seller feedbacks for low value items. Both cases the buyers post their feedback within minutes of each other (as pointed out in the other thread by BHD), and at least in this one both buyers have names that are a color-surname combination.

One thing to watch for on sketchy sales like this (as a friend of mine unfortunately found out) is that the hologram matches the label (i.e. new label with new hologram, etc) - which these don't appear to.

I saw that he also had the batman 11. Even someone who is moderately careful might get caught in that one since there's nothing patently wrong that auction to give pause unless you check out his other auctions. Anyway, I broke down and reported these to ebay despite swearing that off as a waste of time. I'll post if they get back to me but don't hold your breadth.

I also considered emailing the two current high bidders but figured it would be easier just waiting until the auction ends then emailing the "winners". This way the scammer will be stuck with the ebay fee as well (not that he'll likely pay it but that will probably [embarrassing lack of self control] ebay off enough to maybe suspend him).

The scan of the back cover has a nice Heritage watermark as well ......

Another thing - look at the feedback - no activity for years and then this buyer becomes a seller and exchanges feedback with shill accounts. Most likely this is a stolen account - Stay away!