• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman issue 16 cover for sale

14 posts in this topic

Hi List,

Well this isn't ideal, but I have a truly wonderful Dave McKean photo cover for sale. It's from issue 16 and is one of the few covers to actually feature Dream (actually, Neil Gaiman doubling for Dream). It was supposed to have been sold privately but the deal I had in place fell through, so i'm now offering the piece to all on a 'Best Offer' basis. Partial trade and time payments are an option. All offers must be received by Sunday the 15th of January, 8pm EST.

So if your interested in it, please check the scans in the following CAF folder and the cover specs below.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=8302

The cover - it's about the size as printed. (7 by 10) The photo is glued and painted onto a piece of (8.5 by 11) illustration paper, and is signed on the paper by McKean. The paint adds texture that you can see in the final cover in the white area that makes a border around the photo. The piece is framed and complements the piece very well.

Thanks!

Simon

www.gotsuperpowers.com

A lot more than a 9th graders allowance but not as much as a Byrne X-Men cover!

As the seller of the piece, it wouldn’t be right of me to divulge what the new owner is paying for it. That said, the low end of my expectations on the piece were something like $3,000. I got more than a few offers above that though.

I hope that helps (a little).

Best

Simon

www.gotsuperpowers.com

I didn't think #1 and #2 were actually all that great looking, imho. Dave McKean's stuff seems to go for a decent price however. I would rather have "Death: The High Cost of Living" covers. Much better work. More aescetically pleasing.