• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is Neatstuff Collectibles Nowadays

26 posts in this topic

thanks, I thought they had gotten their act together by now, guess I'm wrong.

Although I tend to agree with these two critques, I would hardly make my mind up based on this alone. My suggestion is to give em a try on a cheap book and see for yourself.

BTW, I did buy three books from them, more than 15 months ago, and were all touted to be NM/MT. For giggles, I sent them to CGC, One graded 9.0, 9.2, and the other failed to meet my 9.0 pregrade. The books were delivered in a satisfactory time frame, and shipping method was "adequate" but not "spectactular". At the time they requested that I go to their web site and sign up for the transaction to proceed. I did have a question and they responded in a timely manner. This was all before the touted changes from the dealer himself. I have not been back to see if the communicated changes were in fact true.

So, truth be told, my experiences are dated. We need responses from members who have tried their service in the last six months or so.

I've purchased from Neatstuff in the past. Most of the books were inexpensive (scuba covers, I think) and I can't remember what books they were. I do remember that my last few purchases in the last year were shipped more quickly than they had been before. The grading was what you'd expect from a large, reasonably successful volume dealer -- which is to say it's in the ballpark of accurate, but sometimes a little bit on the high side.

In my last transaction or two, it seemed like Neatstuff had made big strides in customer service, although my information is a little stale at this point because it's been months since I've purchased from them. On the other hand, I'm not sure how stale are the complaints you'll hear from other buyers here. I know that a lot of the current complaints about Neatstuff stem from transactions that occurred more than a year ago.

Like "Insert" any of the large volume dealers here, they are hit and miss. Personally I wouldn't buy a book over $5 off of them. While I think Scott's comment about being in the "ballpark" with an consistent overgrade is accurate, I also believe that Neatstuff actually gets a benefit of the doubt in that case. People's general expectations of the large volume dealers are now so low, that anything remotely close is hailed as a huge positive, when the same margin from a smaller dealer would have you wanting to hang them from the rafters..........

Even though I KNOW there are exceptions, the long list of repetative casualties has caused me to come up with the Volume dealer rules

1. No books over $5

2. No books before 1980

I bought from them long ago.

Decent prices on product but shippign costs to canada high.

wanted way 16 dollars for two day shipping to canada or 10 for two week.

I asked them to ship it two week.

I still got it in two days!

My last purchase from them was early in 2005. Book was better than expected and so was the price (including shipping... tho' at that time they had a discount site so I added in a couple of $1 bin sorts of books).

I bought off them a nice copy of the phantom #74 graded at nm- it came back from cgc 9.6. But they were very slow to ship & did not respond to emails and their check out is like trying to putt a game winning shot with a brontosaurus farting on your back.

Hey Guys,

I was on here a while ago and tried to be very honest about the problems we were having and the mistakes we had made. I extended an offer to anyone who had any unresolved problems with us to contact me and I would work it out. Quite a few people did (some on this board) and we resolved any issues brought to my attention.

I believe all of the people who have had problems with us had these problems well before our changes. We have changed our sales model and staff and as a result have not had any problems, delays, or complaints for quite some time now. This board was a big part in bringing some issues which I was unaware of to my attention.

Pedigreeking - If you are considering making a purchase with us, please feel free to call: 201-861-1414 or 1-800-903-7246 or email us: neatstuffcollectibles@yahoo.com and we can discuss any concerns or questions you may have. (that goes for anyone)

Hey Guys,

I was on here a while ago and tried to be very honest about the problems we were having and the mistakes we had made. I extended an offer to anyone who had any unresolved problems with us to contact me and I would work it out. Quite a few people did (some on this board) and we resolved any issues brought to my attention.

I believe all of the people who have had problems with us had these problems well before our changes. We have changed our sales model and staff and as a result have not had any problems, delays, or complaints for quite some time now. This board was a big part in bringing some issues which I was unaware of to my attention.

Pedigreeking - If you are considering making a purchase with us, please feel free to call: 201-861-1414 or 1-800-903-7246 or email us: neatstuffcollectibles@yahoo.com and we can discuss any concerns or questions you may have. (that goes for anyone)

I'd say that's a pretty straight forward and honest open hand and took a bit of gut's with all the badmouthing that occur on these boards. Good for you Neatstuff.

I think Neat Stuff have been given some unfair press in the past. I've bought some cracking books from them over the last couple of years, and they've always responded to threads such as these professionally.

My one quibble with them is the reserve auctions on higher end Gold. Enough already - sell the books!!! tongue.gif

I can attest that Brian made good on every problem I had. He took care of everything in a timely manner as well. This is not to say that ALL of my orders were bad. Most were fine and only 2 had issues. If there is one thing I can recommend is that they tighten their grading by .5 to bring their grading in a bit stricter. Honestly though, their grading is better than most on Ebay.

I bought a comic lot of them last month. The comics were as expected, my only problem was in my opinon they over charged me in shipping. It sucks living in Canada when buying comics on ebay, I emailed them for a price but they didn't get back to me until after the auction ended. I really wanted the lot so I bid anyways. They didn't have the shipping listed for international bidders so I paid what the invoice requested. The next day I got an email message telling me how much extra it would be. The extra was 2x what I already paid, I asked for a refund but was told no. I should have just went to ebay about the problem but I didn't.

Thanks Guys.

Goldust - Don't get scared off by unmet Reserves. Just get in touch and we can try to work something out. I don't think our Reserves are high and we don't hold on to much high end gold for long, so the prices must be right.

kidcolt - International shipping is a problem for all US sellers. I am trying to be as fair about it as I can. I charge International customers actual shipping costs. What I have been doing is asking that they pay for their item and then I can package, weigh, and determine the actual shipping costs. I assure you I am making no money off of shipping.