• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think non key Bronze Age Comics will be valuable

50 posts in this topic

40 years later and non-key Silver Age books aren't worth much unless your looking to complete an entire run. (The exception being HG cgc books).

I wouldn't rule it out but in the meantime I'd be looking to move all non-key BA books that I own and don't want from my collection for whatever I could get. Anything from 1968 to present in less then HG condition just isn't worth the space it occupies.

You know, wormy, I am getting away from completionism on my BA. I am only going for BA that has good cover/story runs. For example, House of Secrets 81 to 110. Those seem pretty good and the covers are awesome. Same with the Swamp Things above. Now, if I can just get away from completionism on my GA, I think I will be much more fulfilled as a collector. grin.gif

Post-1975 books are readily available in high grade, and as such I don't believe they will be nearly as valuable as BA books published between 1970 and 1975 (like the Detective 401 mentioned above). But will common, 20-cent books published from 1970-1974 be valuable? Probably in high grade they will be, but below 9.0 they are dollar bin books now, and I imagine will remain so...as someone mentions above, just look at current late Silver prices for mid-grade and lower. confused-smiley-013.gif

Post-1975 books are readily available in high grade,

Then would someone please sell me true NM or better copies of Superman #292 and Detective #457?

Relative to pre-1975 they are readily available, but just like last month's books, that doesn't mean you can walk into your LCS and pick 'em up any day of the week!

You know, wormy, I am getting away from completionism on my BA. I am only going for BA that has good cover/story runs. For example, House of Secrets 81 to 110. Those seem pretty good and the covers are awesome. Same with the Swamp Things above. Now, if I can just get away from completionism on my GA, I think I will be much more fulfilled as a collector. grin.gif

I wish I could, but I can't. I do still enjoy it, but it's definitely an obsession.

I have to disagree with those folks who say that bronze is plentiful in HG. It is out there, but it is not cheap. I travel for work, and in every town I do business in I stop by the LCS (last week it was Anarchy Comics in Omaha). Maybe 5% of stores have a decent back issue section. Of those, maybe 10% have some HG bronze.

Of course, many dealers do have inventories, but they are usually guide or above (which usually meets the definition of 'valuable'), and it's still tough to find missing issues.