• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet magnets for sale!

5 posts in this topic

Those are pretty nice.. but I'm not sure they're legal. I don't think they have a license to reproduce those covers for commercial purposes.

That being said, I could make those magnets myself probably with some cover scans, photopaper, my inkjet printer, and a stack of business card "peel and stick" magnets that you can buy in a 25-50 pack from OfficeMax.

Thanks for posting them. They're very cool. I think if I tried to put these on our fridg my wife would have a cow. She's "given" me my office to hang posters and display statues, but she draws the line at the door. I can't really complian though because she never gives me a hard time about the money I spend buying books, so I'm not going to push my luck. grin.gif

I do think they're pretty nice... I wonder if the older comics are falling into the public domain though (which might make them legal to use/reproduce.)

I think a lot of the Golden Age stuff is now in the public domain... or at least the Nedor characters from the 1940's. I don't know if that applies to the comics themselves though.

(As a sometimes cartoonist/artist, I'm a little sensitive to people using other people's work without adequate compensation.)