• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner #1 9.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56 posts in this topic

Talk is cheap. Only way to tell Kevin is if I saw YOU bidding the next Subby 1 in CGC 9.8 that appears at Heritage or on Ebay, up to at least $1668. Would you want to view a scan, an image of the book in the slab, or would the label stating "9.8" be enough alone to make you pull a $1700 trigger on an $834 book?

Havent some of you mentioned youve bought from comic-keys in the past? If so, from whom did you receive the packages? Where did you mail the checks? Is there some other reason why noone has produced this info before? Wont someone here get Hammer out of this hell he's in and back upstairs where his avatars suggests he resides?

I dealt with him on that Avengers #1 in VF/NM. I sent payment, recieved the package, and corresponded with the name Richard Koos. Is that the info you're looking for?

Me and Hammer continued speaking after our transaction. I'm also a weight-lifter, and we started talking at length about it. If you want my opinion, the sheer volume and length that Hammer is able to discuss bodybuilding, suggests to me that he does it, and that he's the size that he claims to be. I've seen a number of pictures at varying points when his size fluctuated, and I can't see how they would be fake. Although he covers the face, the body is the same. And there are things we would talk about that only weight lifters with experience would be able to speak of. I really doubt that he's a poser in that respect.

Richard Koos - I can second that name with Comic Keys. I've bought some smaller, mid-60's Marvel in high grade and been satisfied every time. Mailed the MOs to Floral Park, NY - got a copy of one of my receipts right in front of me...

...I've seen a number of pictures at varying points...Although he covers the face...

wellll...I'm about ready to call it a day and drop it when I read this statement. Why all the secrecy? Who hides their face like this? Who has a reason to do this? I mean whaaaa? This rabbit hole just gets deeper.

I'll be there hammer, with my finger on the trigger, ready to pay a lot for one in a 'real' 9.8. The label is'nt the be all and end all of comics, I will require a good scan, and will check the graders notes B4 buying.

I still buy a ton of raw comics. But when your spending that sort of money on raw books, you have to have some justification. The people that are buying your comics at these multiple guide prices are greedy and they deserve to get the restored label. They are only trying to buy it, slab it and cash in on the first 9.9 ever! Good luck to you Hammer, I have no problem with you, your cashing in on CGC hype in your own way, and it's certainly doing good for you!

Although it may be advisable Hammer, to take some of that cash you've won on your auctions and buy some hi-tech resto checking equipment. This would stop any argument about you, period. surely even if this equipment set you back a couple of grand, it would still be worth it?

Again, I repeat that I have no problem with you. But I would not buy from you again because of the restored books I received from you. Now if that Subby 1 had been checked with the equipment I knew you had (maybe a few resto check pics would be handy, just like on the CGC ads), then I would have bought it, and I too would have paid a lot more than the bid price for the FF4 you sold recently. Just out of me alone you would have probably made an extra grand, its got to be worth thinking about?????????

Aman, who "wants" their face all over the internet? This isn't "Toon Town" we live in. It's the real world. Bad enough that every time we order something online with our credit card (something I STILL hesitatingly do) we run the risk of being victimized by credit card fraud. How easy would it be to capture a facial image and use it to manufacture phony ID? Or do ANYTHING else for that matter that may adversely affect us with far reaching future consequences. The body is one thing. Normally, it's covered in everyday life on the street. The face is something that since the inception of the internet, I've been hesitant and will continue to be reluctant to image online. I'm sure there are others that feel similarly.

Uh oh!!! Arch just wiped out about 50 posts. 893whatthe.gif I guess I'll see everybody in about 1 month or so for sticking up for myself from folks that want to be internet bullies from 1000+ miles away. 893naughty-thumb.gif Goodbye! Don't forget to write. So long!! There goes the old Admiral Byrd bound for Brooklyn!! I'd better climb aboard.

Yeah - was watching it this weekend - also caught Jeremiah Johnson with Redford which is an alltime favorite but rarely shown anymore. Maybe we could get the awesomely intellectual Joe Isuzu to give us some retro movie reviews on them. I am getting a picture circa early 90s Fox In Living Color - with Joe snapping his fingers and saying"Hated It!"

893offtopic1.gif

Loved the movie. One of my all time favorite movie lines:

"Skin im Pilgrim!" grin.gif

Yeah! If memory serves, that is after Redford bragged about his "skinning" capabilities and old Grizzly got a real griz to chase Redford into his cabin! I think that movie Jose Wales, Judge Roy Beane, Once Upon a Time in the West are some of the best western/frontier movies ever!

Yeah! If memory serves, that is after Redford bragged about his "skinning" capabilities and old Grizzly got a real griz to chase Redford into his cabin! I think that movie Jose Wales, Judge Roy Beane, Once Upon a Time in the West are some of the best western/frontier movies ever!

Yep! I'm introducting my son to some of the old Western classics and some other good movies. We're going to rent one or two movies a week this summer. Josey Wales and Judge Roy Bean are good ones, going to add them to the list. First up: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Jeremiah Johnson. Next week: Twelve Angry Men and To Kill A Mocking Bird.

Trying to find a good local source for some old John Wayne movies, Wagon Train, Roy Rogers, and Rawhide episodes.

And of course being here in Oklahoma I've got to find some old Will Rogers movies. smile.gif

I thought it was "a fool and his money will soon be parted".

A fool who departs with his money still has it.

You are right. It was a little bit late when I wrote that one. grin.gif

Yep! I'm introducting my son to some of the old Western classics and some other good movies. We're going to rent one or two movies a week this summer. Josey Wales and Judge Roy Bean are good ones, going to add them to the list. First up: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Jeremiah Johnson. Next week: Twelve Angry Men and To Kill A Mocking Bird.

Trying to find a good local source for some old John Wayne movies, Wagon Train, Roy Rogers, and Rawhide episodes.

And of course being here in Oklahoma I've got to find some old Will Rogers movies. smile.gif

Sounds like a bad nightmare.

Just f'n with ya man grin.gif