• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there more big comic buyers on comic link or on Ebay?

14 posts in this topic

Ron, some buyers will not buy on Ebay because they wish to remain anonymous. Also, as i've written several times, i think Ebay is losing serious buyers because of all the fraud. A serious buyer would probably rather deal with a real person (ie Dealer) than take a chance on Ebay. If i was buying a Batman #1 for $200,000 i don't think i'd go through ebay tongue.gif

Ebay and Comiclink work differently. On Ebay, lots are bidded UP. On Comiclink, a sky-high price is listed by the optimistic/greedy seller and bidders try to bid it DOWNWARD.

the 350 isnt the final price just as your current high bid isnt final. But, to your point, yeah, theres a gheck of a lot more trust on Comiclink than Ebay. Thats what Josh is selling, therefore they get higher prices.

Ebay and Comiclink work differently. On Ebay, lots are bidded UP. On Comiclink, a sky-high price is listed by the optimistic/greedy seller and bidders try to bid it DOWNWARD.

the 350 isnt the final price just as your current high bid isnt final. But, to your point, yeah, theres a gheck of a lot more trust on Comiclink than Ebay. Thats what Josh is selling, therefore they get higher prices.

I was talking about the Focus Auction on Comiclink.

My preferences are:

1 Ebay with sellers who can be 100% trusted (you get both price and service)

2 Pedigree or Comic Link (you get service and occasionally price)

3 A handful of the top dealers (you get service and sometimes price)

4 Some of the next tier of dealers (you get service)

4 Heritage (you occasionally get price)

20 Other dealers (pot luck on both service and price)

50 Anybody on ebay with less than a 99.5% feedback rating (I'd rather have a day at the races!)

My preferences are:

1 Ebay with sellers who can be 100% trusted (you get both price and service)

2 Pedigree or Comic Link (you get service and occasionally price)

3 A handful of the top dealers (you get service and sometimes price)

4 Some of the next tier of dealers (you get service)

4 Heritage (you occasionally get price)

20 Other dealers (pot luck on both service and price)

50 Anybody on ebay with less than a 99.5% feedback rating (I'd rather have a day at the races!)

Don't forget Colemore Comics from your list. They have great friendly service and excellent prices. I was thrilled with my purchase of the cgc 9.8 Worlds Unknown #3 and loved the nice welcome letter, mousepad and pen! Great people there! wink.gif