• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do I find original Y The Last Man art?

15 posts in this topic

Howdy Dustin!

Alas, timing is everything. I had some pages for sale, but now I just have what's in my gallery. Happy to trade them for Sandman art though!

To answer your question directly, Pia Guerra, the penciller, rarely sells her pages, and has only done so on a couple occasions, for charity. Her website is here if you want to keep an eye on it: (her blog seems to be down right now -- don't know what's up)

http://www.hellkitty.com/

Your best bet is to email Jose Marzan Jr. (the inker). He is JMJ Illustrations on Ebay.

JMJ Illustrations on Ebay

You will find that Jose is reluctant to let go of "choice" pages though some have gotten lucky from time to time. He has also been a bit picked over but is a great resource for newer stuff for sure.

Hope this helps!

J

Y, Preacher, and Sandman pages are typically pretty hard to come by.

I wouldn't say that. I've got 6 Preacher pages inbound 893blahblah.gif

This is why they're difficult to come by, my friend. wink.gif

BTW -- I love that Herr Starr ad. Love it!

Y, Preacher, and Sandman pages are typically pretty hard to come by.

I wouldn't say that. I've got 6 Preacher pages inbound 893blahblah.gif

Way to brag smile.gif - I'm just kidding - congrats on the pages!

Albert Moy has had them up for all the world to see(and buy). Some people only want "choice" pages. Not me, I'll buy ANY Preacher page. makepoint.gif

Albert Moy has had them up for all the world to see(and buy). Some people only want "choice" pages. Not me, I'll buy ANY Preacher page. makepoint.gif

The good news is that almost every page in the series was a good page! smile.gif (Except for all those Arseface pages of yours. That's a good way to make a collection NOT SO NICE!) :P

Yep. Contact Jose Marzan. I've tried to (unsuccessfully) contact Pia.

I just rec'd my first Y page this past weekend from my good buddy, Solar (who, I believe got them from Marzan). Thanks Brett! thumbsup2.gif

Actually I bought all my Y pages from other people who bought them from Marzan.

I contacted Jose once and he asked what pages I was interested in. I was too lazy to come up with a list and kinda forgot to write back to him.

Recently, I picked up a nice splash from a board member (Thanks Jonathan!) You can see my small Y collection here...

Actually I bought all my Y pages from other people who bought them from Marzan.

I contacted Jose once and he asked what pages I was interested in. I was too lazy to come up with a list and kinda forgot to write back to him.

Recently, I picked up a nice splash from a board member (Thanks Jonathan!) You can see my small Y collection here...

That's too funny, I did the EXACT SAME THING. It was then I realized that, as much as I love the series, there isn't too much of it that, aesthetically speaking, really grabs me.

Pia Guerra has only done a few Y covers. She is a local artist up here in Vancouver, BC, Canada, but her interior pages are quite pedestrian. I'm used to buying superhero artwork. She may occassionally show up at a Seattle, WA comicon. headbang.gif