• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Podcast
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Anyone listen to The Golden Age of Comics podcast, by Bill Jordain? (Yes, this is somewhat of a crosspost from General, but I wanted to ask Golden Age fans about the Golden Age podcast.) I love it. If you have an iPod, I would highly recommend checking it out.

I wanted to rant about another podcast to GA fans. I'm listening to one called Comic Geek Speak, and am frustrated at their distaste for the Golden Age. I guess it shows my passion for the era. One listener wrote in and criticized them for not including Jay Garrick in their Flash spotlight. Their response was that they just don't know anything about Jay, as they never read GA Flash. OK, maybe it's not their bag. But then, in the episode I listened to tonight, they did a spotlight in the JSA. One guy said he was never interested in the JSA, because whenever he thought about them, he pictured "those Golden Age covers, and was turned off". What?!?! That's what I love about the Golden Age, the excitement I feel when I see a GA cover. They went on for a half hour about how GA art is bad, and the stories are hokey. It frustrated me to hear these smug nerds go off on the Golden Age, and I had to rant to some fellow GA fans. smile.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Anyone listen to The Golden Age of Comics podcast, by Bill Jordain? (Yes, this is somewhat of a crosspost from General, but I wanted to ask Golden Age fans about the Golden Age podcast.) I love it. If you have an iPod, I would highly recommend checking it out.

I wanted to rant about another podcast to GA fans. I'm listening to one called Comic Geek Speak, and am frustrated at their distaste for the Golden Age. I guess it shows my passion for the era. One listener wrote in and criticized them for not including Jay Garrick in their Flash spotlight. Their response was that they just don't know anything about Jay, as they never read GA Flash. OK, maybe it's not their bag. But then, in the episode I listened to tonight, they did a spotlight in the JSA. One guy said he was never interested in the JSA, because whenever he thought about them, he pictured "those Golden Age covers, and was turned off". What?!?! That's what I love about the Golden Age, the excitement I feel when I see a GA cover. They went on for a half hour about how GA art is bad, and the stories are hokey. It frustrated me to hear these smug nerds go off on the Golden Age, and I had to rant to some fellow GA fans. smile.gifsign-rantpost.gif

I hear you. There's dreck in every era and a lot folks take a look at one thing from an era and paint it all with that same brush. Then again, it does mean less competition. yay.gif

If you have an iPod, I would highly recommend checking it out.

As note for those who might unfamiliar with the concept, you don't need an iPod to listen or subscribe to podcasts.

True, thanks for the clarification. It's just an MP3 (or other audio file) of a talk show.