• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash 1 for $273,125.00

29 posts in this topic

Wow, over a quarter million. How many books have sold for over $250,000 ? I suspect we are just looking at Action #1, Marvel #1 and Detective #27. Is this the first book other then the big 3 to break 250K?

An Amazing Fantasy cgc 9.6 hit 250k I believe

Artboy99

Was that the Curator copy?

I am afraid I am to fuzzy on the details to be certain. Might even be mention of it on this site if you were to do a search, it might turn up.

Sorry I cant be more specific.

Artboy99

I was looking at that. He has a lot of "asking / listed" prices but I am curious about books that have actually sold. I think unless it is a public auction it can be almost impossible to get that information though. Oh well.

I was looking at that. He has a lot of "asking / listed" prices but I am curious about books that have actually sold. I think unless it is a public auction it can be almost impossible to get that information though. Oh well.

Most of the time if it says "sale" in the notes column, that's a sale, if it says "listed at" it's just an asking price. Of course, it's not always perfect.

And are there instances of a reported 'sale' which are really just back-scratching between two bigshot dealers/collectors without any actual exchange of $$$$$?

Without question. At the very least, I get a lot of my data for that list from Overstreet so there's always some question about the actual numbers behind some of the deals listed.

Of course, I don't represent the data to be a 100% reflection of reality. The numbers are really there just for completeness' sake. The real point of the list is to rank the books individually based on relative value- a project I'm going to undertake as soon as this Heritage auction is over. The numbers are going to help me determine that, but since they're not really reliable they're only going to be one factor.

And are there instances of a reported 'sale' which are really just back-scratching between two bigshot dealers/collectors without any actual exchange of $$$$$?

You mean like almost every headline sale reported in Overstreet? 27_laughing.gif

Wow, over a quarter million. How many books have sold for over $250,000 ? I suspect we are just looking at Action #1, Marvel #1 and Detective #27. Is this the first book other then the big 3 to break 250K?

I am pretty sure a CGC 9.6 copr of captain america comics fetched $265,000 a couple years back! I think it was the allentown pedigree copy. At the time it was a record.

I am pretty sure a CGC 9.6 copr of captain america comics fetched $265,000 a couple years back! I think it was the allentown pedigree copy. At the time it was a record.

That is correct. At least that's the price reported in Overstreet, so take it with a big grain of salt whether it represented a real cash price.